vexilar transducer support arm?

• 692fisherman
    champlin mn

what are people using for a transducer arm for a vexilar? I recently put my vex on a newer genz box and what to put a ducer arm on it. looks like the one from vex fits over the rod holder, do they make a bolt on one?

Max

Something like this?

Attachments:
    1. image31.jpg

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

You don’t like the float?

692fisherman
    champlin mn

not a real fan honestly….. Ive had one for years but after fishing with a family member who has a Marcum I want to get away from the float

692fisherman
    champlin mn

yup, funny thing is that im pretty handy around the shop and never thought about making one but after seeing yours got my wheels turning….. I actually have some aluminum laying around that would work perfect!!

Max

Not sure if it matters but I used the dimensions off the original vexilar arm to make the one shown. 4.75″ for the longer piece and 3.75″ for the shorter piece with a 1/2″ through hole for the stopper. Just make sure to cut out a 1/4″ wide clearance for the transducer cord to fit onto the arm.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

thanks for the dimensions!! I threw one together yesterday and will drill holes today so the hole sizes are appreciated!

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

a 1/4″ eyelet will thread into the hole in the front of the genz box. Pretty simple way of doing it. I used mine that way last year.

My ultra pack is the same way. The hardware store has a variety of different lengths. I just opened the end enough to be able to squeeze the cable through.

Attachments:
    1. IMAG1296_zps5db83a16.jpg

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Joe, that’s a super simple great idea. I’m a putz so I may try it but still wondering why a float is a hassle for anyone?

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Joe, that’s a super simple great idea. I’m a putz so I may try it but still wondering why a float is a hassle for anyone?

boss I know for me when I had my fl-18 I just felt it was big clumsy and took up a 3rd of my hole but to each there own.

blank

And fish tend to get wrapped up in the cord when it’s just floating around. I like to keep the ducer of my Marcum touching the side of the hole which helps reduce the number of tangles with the cord.

692fisherman
    champlin mn

exactly kent and blank…… half your hole has a huge bobber bobbing around and them dam fish always get wrapped up in the cord….. when its tight to one side I have a ton less tangles with the cord/line

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

x10111010101.

floats are the worst.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.