The Ultimate Fishing Setup: Warrior V238 Rigging & Walk Thru

• Kyle
    Keymaster
    Woodbury

James Holst of In-Depth Outdoors knew as soon as the Warrior V238 was released he wanted one for himself. James bought his new Warrior and took it directly to Big Fish Encounters in Chippewa Falls, WI for a truly one of a kind rigging project filled with special requests.

James is joined by Mat Rowan, owner of Big Fish Encounters, to do a complete walk-through of the new Warrior V238 and explain the custom fabrication & rigging that went into creating this Ultimate Fishing Setup.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My Lord, what a beast.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What does it cost to have the ” ultimate fishing set up” ?
    Sweet rig but that Is going to come at a cost that’s not cheap. And the average angler couldn’t afford without a loan of 15 years. Awesome set up. Congratulations on getting to this point of your life. Your hard work has spoke for itself

Jason

Wow! 150k??

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

What does it cost to have the ” ultimate fishing set up” ?
    Sweet rig but that Is going to come at a cost that’s not cheap. And the average angler couldn’t afford without a loan of 15 years. Awesome set up.

The same boat with substantially less in electronics compared to this one is listed for $135k at a dealer in Eastern WI.

Justin Donson

All said and done this has gotta be closer to 200k than 100k right?

ganderpike
    Alexandria

A 238 with a V10, lithiums, MEGA Live & LVS34, 2 Apex 13’s, custom rigging and mounts, Ultrex. This has to be closer to $160-165K I’d think. Thank god for a Warrior Warranty. 4000# of muscle.

Beautiful MN made boat.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

At some point in life “you do because you can.” Congrats James.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Those Warriors are some sweet rigs! I’m seeing a lot of BIG water in James’ future. No doubt it’s a spendy unit, but life is short. Enjoy!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Wow, what a tank! Congrats James, I will file this away replacing my previous dream boat.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Well done!
    Congratulations James. toast

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Wow, is all I have to say. That rig is amazing.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

When are you taking me fishing James? whistling Sweet rig, I can only dream.

mmitties
    SE MN

Congratulations James that is a big improvement over the 1850 Crestliner you guided out of 20 plus years ago.

basseyes

Really sharp looking rigging. Tight and clean. That’s no easy task. Takes time, energy and knowledge.

Great looking rig top to bottom. Love the ingenuity tweaking and rigging the trolling motor.

Thanks for a good walk through of what it takes to rig stuff. Like how the guy said he marks stuff and looks towards future scenarios with the charging system and having flexibility for possible changes.

MNdrifter

Attachments:
    1. 38A51BCF-858D-4F74-B18B-018264F94226.jpeg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

At some point in life “you do because you can.” Congrats James.

Yes sir. I’m 50 years old. I figure I’ve got 10, maybe 15, more years of health and faculties that will allow me to competently handle a rig of this scale before it will be time to downsize and start hitching rides instead of being the captain. I bought this boat so I could take some very close friends on some trips we’ve been planning for a few years and do so in absolute comfort. Superior Shoal, a 10 day tour of NIPIGON and an end-to-end adventure on Fort Peck are all on the agenda this summer. I’ve done what a guy is supposed to do…work hard, save most of the money I’ve ever made, and invested well so I could be in a position to do something like this. Is it excessive to the point of ridiculous? Yeah, maybe. Will it help me catch more fish? Probably not. I know it felt great to get exactly what I wanted and not cut corners anywhere. This is, quite literally, my dream boat and I couldn’t be more excited about getting it on the water for the first time ‘cuz I know I’m going to need a couple days ahead of the first trip to figure out how everything works. yay

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for a good walk through of what it takes to rig stuff.

Honestly, the video didn’t do Mat’s work justice. He’s the perfect blend of perfectionist and creative mad scientist!

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Very nice setup James,congratulations on your dream rig.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

everyone has their dream boat and this is yours James…..looks great congrats!

Timmy

Awesome rig and good for you!! You earned it – and I’m willing to bet you wont be able to wipe the smile from your face when you get her out!!

Happy for ya!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Are you having Canvas Craft do a custom travel cover?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Are you having Canvas Craft do a custom travel cover?

Actually I thought the Warrior cover fit pretty well given all the mods and the cover itself feels like it is made from decent material so I plan to use it a couple times before I make a call. The one thing I know I don’t like is the straps that loop around the trailer frame and back up to that cover where they connect to a very small and cheap feeling plastic buckle. Those are going to break for sure so I will try to upgrade them if possible. The straps themselves are way too thin and narrow and Warrior uses this white plastic (?) sleeve that slides on the strap intended to keep the trailer frame from rubbing through the strap itself. Those sleeves are ugly and just don’t feel like a good solution.

If I do end up getting a custom cover there’s a canvas guy in SD that makes a top notch cover with zip in panels that cover the bow of the boat back to midship from the gunnels all the way down to the trailer frame to stop rock chips that I’ve been very impressed with. Marcus has been running his covers for a couple years and they’re simply top notch.

mojo

Beautiful boat James.
    Some AquaTraction would make it just about perfect.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Beautiful boat James.
    Some AquaTraction would make it just about perfect.

It has AquaTraction throughout the cockpit and the bow, except on the bow storage compartment lids. Here’s a couple pics from The Boat Center when it first arrived..

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20230419_205420.jpg

2. IMG_20230419_205428.jpg

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

That boat wouldn’t do me much good. I wouldn’t know how to run most of the stuff on board. Or I’d push the wrong buttons and get transported to a parallel universe that had nothing but carp.

Thanks for sharing. Now you can make that run on Superior to that bay with the big pike. I heard you got some awesome flies to throw at them jester

SR

MX1825

Congrats on your new rig James. You definitely deserve it. waytogo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jimmy Jones wrote:</div>
    Did you max it out on HP?

I went with a 400 Verado.

I was surprised to see the Merc on the back. whistling
    You have a lot of years running the Yammies.

Also I thought I counted four 13 inch birds? But I only watched the video once.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.