Twins 2023 Thread

• Matt Vogel

Not sure if anyone else saw this play because it was such a boring game, but Royce Lewis almost broke his neck last night. Just google Royce Lewis and the video should come up.

You’re right I wasn’t watching, and you’re also right that was scary… shock

CaptainMusky

I was watching at the time and holy crap I couldnt believe it.

orve4

I was at this game and a question always comes to my mind why not the extra orange base have so you give the fielder and the runner a place to safely touch and land. Even at the high school level this needs to be implemented I personally do not see a downside.

Ripjiggen

Not sure if anyone else saw this play because it was such a boring game, but Royce Lewis almost broke his neck last night. Just google Royce Lewis and the video should come up.

And Rockhead’s postgame interview about it just proves he lives on another planet. He goes “Yeah it sounded like he landed on his shoulder”. Uh…..No he landed on his freaking head you idiot!

I saw it live as I happened to flip over at the time. Super awkward landing. I have wondered before why a play like that isn’t baserunner interference as you would think he has a right to the bag and to be able to run through it. Apparently not though.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think the first baseman was going after the ball and it took him into the basepath. Not sure though.

Ripjiggen

Oh he was. Like Orve said could be avoidable with an easy solution. I think it was Jax last week that almost got stopped on going to first with a bad lead throw that made him have to dive into first.

CaptainMusky

Yeah it was a bad throw so the fielder got put in an awkward spot. Hope hes OK. I would be shocked if he didnt get a concussion at minimum though.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

He walked off and returned to the dugout in the 9th. If there was a game tonight I don’t think he would play. It was a very, very scary deal. He is a lucky young man.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

With this regime he’ll be going straight to the 10 day DL as a precaution. Why hasn’t Kirilloff been playing the past few games? I can’t find anything on an injury.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

With this regime he’ll be going straight to the 10 day DL as a precaution. Why hasn’t Kirilloff been playing the past few games? I can’t find anything on an injury.

He would help them win without Correa & China Doll in the line-up. We can’t have that can we? coffee

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If they don’t win the division this season I’ve got to think Baldelli’s ass is on the line.

Ripjiggen

I really can’t get behind rocko which makes hard to get behind this team in general. Just sayin.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I think Kirilloff was sick.

If they don’t win the division this season I’ve got to think Baldelli’s ass is on the line.

I think he’s done if the Twins don’t get passed the first round of the playoffs.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Twinks are playing the big boys now. How in the world Eflin gave up a hit to this collection is baffling. 5-0 top of 6, Tampa making it look easy.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Another embarrassing swing and miss performance tonight. I would love to hear Tom Kelly do a couple of games watching these guys.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s going to be a long week for them. TB and then Toronto.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Another embarrassing swing and miss performance tonight. I would love to hear Tom Kelly do a couple of games watching these guys.

Why do you think they don’t have him and Morris on anymore? Because all they’d do is talk about how inept they are at doing anything fundamentally correct. jester

eyeguy507
    SE MN

didn’t watch it but box scored it and not surprised. i would be shocked if they find a way to take 2 against TB and TOR. its a weird game but i would put my life savings on it that they win no more than 2 games against these 2 heavyweights……bet?

Walleye Man42

Its fun watching Tampa and how baseball is played by them. Don’t need a homerun and make contact, move runners over. pitch and play defense.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i must be a glutton for punishment? watching this offense makes me want to puke. if only they had the bomba squad with these starters bawling

by the time they get the bats going, the pitching will turn to rubbish….just wait.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

i must be a glutton for punishment? watching this offense makes me want to puke. if only they had the bomba squad with these starters bawling

by the time they get the bats going, the pitching will turn to rubbish….just wait.

Just a ball of joy.

They aren’t hitting, there isn’t any doubt of that. We had a very strong game by Lopez after giving up the bomb in the 2nd he mowed them down.

In a terrible division they are 31-31 and still sit in first place. Thats with nearly zero production on a regular basis from the leaders or anybody for that matter. If Correa, Buxton, Polanco & Gallo do anything to get them to the numbers on the back of their baseball cards the offense will roll in the second half. The big question will be can they hold off Cleveland and the White Sux. To early to write off this talent just yet.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i don’t think you can write off any team in this division. it took 9 innings for rocky to get aggressive on the bases and at the plate. more bunts, more steals, more small ball if the bats are asleep. its not rocket science. rocky is just a slow learner i guess?

Ripjiggen

Just a ball of joy.

They aren’t hitting, there isn’t any doubt of that. We had a very strong game by Lopez after giving up the bomb in the 2nd he mowed them down.

In a terrible division they are 31-31 and still sit in first place. Thats with nearly zero production on a regular basis from the leaders or anybody for that matter. If Correa, Buxton, Polanco & Gallo do anything to get them to the numbers on the back of their baseball cards the offense will roll in the second half. The big question will be can they hold off Cleveland and the White Sux. To early to write off this talent just yet.

A. That’s a big if.
    B. Not sure this team will roll anybody offensively even if the four you mentioned hit better. Or at least play.

Pretty impressive how Tampa runs their organization considering they are always bottom five in payroll.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

not really defending the teams play but they have played a difficult schedule to start. lots of games against the AL east where every team is playing really good ball early on.

seems like they have a solid farm system again and if they need to add a bat or another arm, it should be easy enough at the deadline. it would not surprise me if they get swept in TB and TOR. those teams loaded in different ways.

CaptainMusky

The crazy part with their offense floundering so bad lately they have still scored the 9th most runs in baseball. Lewis looked good again with a clutch hit not to mention the great steal by the CF to get to third.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well at least Lopez has looked better in his last two starts!

CaptainMusky

Yeah, when he gave up that HR I was like here we go again. Followed by multiple hits, but then he was lights out.
    Arraez is lighting it up still, but still a fan of the trade. Though if he was on the Twins and putting up those numbers we would probably have 5 more wins.

Umy
    South Metro

Eyeguy you are spot on. Start bunting then or taking bases that are almost given to them.
    TRY to generate some offense somehow. You cant just stand up there and watch them swing and miss day in and day out.
    I know this is a tired argument but seriously, how many guys get hit every nite in games. Buxton down AGAIN?! I don’t care if its a fastball or not ( and NO, i don’t want to get hit either but what’s the “payroll” per pitch he takes?) but for the the amount of money and commitment we’ve made to this guy it is just plain embarrassing. Can’t even bench player him in cause he can’t be in the field – anywhere?!
    His teammates gotta be getting frustrated with it too.
    Royce Lewis is a prime example – clutch hits, plays through everything.
    The homerun given up last nite in the bottom of the 9th was a heartbreaker!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah, when he gave up that HR I was like here we go again. Followed by multiple hits, but then he was lights out.
    Arraez is lighting it up still, but still a fan of the trade. Though if he was on the Twins and putting up those numbers we would probably have 5 more wins.

Exactly. Even a guy hitting at a .400 clip won’t help a team that can’t get hits or move that guy up a base with the other 8 guys in the lineup.

Ripjiggen

The crazy part with their offense floundering so bad lately they have still scored the 9th most runs in baseball. Lewis looked good again with a clutch hit not to mention the great steal by the CF to get to third.

You mean in the American League.
    They are 16th in all of baseball.

Viewing 30 posts - 781 through 810 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.