Twins 2023 Thread

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

vs the dreaded Washington Nationals this weekend.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Polanco starting at 2b tonight also and Simeon Woods Richardson is up with the big club for a long relief need.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Great….Now we have TWO adults that can’t put together more than three words on the broadcast. Perkins AND Smalley.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Are they on TV somewhere? I’ve got Wild & Puppies on Bally up here.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Dear lord can Gallo hit a baseball hard!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I gotta say, Gallo is impressing me so far.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m streaming it on Bally’s app Dutch so I’d assume they are on the the main or the bonus channel.

Ok it says it’s on WFTC which is an extension of FOX9. Check your local listings for WFTC

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No Twinks for Dutch tonight. frown Bally has the Puppys on one channel which won’t have 10 people north of Hwy 2 watching. The Wild are on the main Bally’s which is where all the eyeballs will be.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

mrgreen
    imma hop off the Twinks game as soon as the pups come on. at this point in my life, i think i just want to see how bad they can disappoint me like every other MN pro franchise

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Mahle might be my favorite starter and i hope he has a solid year. Larnach is really impressive with how professional he looks out there too. the future is actually really bright for the home team!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Unbelievable we didn’t bunt in that situation. Baseball has lost its way. Might be the only thing dutchboy and I agree on.

slough

Mahle might be my favorite starter and i hope he has a solid year. Larnach is really impressive with how professional he looks out there too. the future is actually really bright for the home team!

You do have a point, if Buxton and Correa can be solid for 3-4 years, Lopez stays healthy, and if any prospects/young players develop (Larnach, Miranda, Kiriloff, Lee, Lewis, Julien, Ober, Varland) this team should be pretty competitive for a few years. Wonder if they will try to extend Mahle or Gray during the season, guessing we won’t be able to keep both. A person forgets Paddack is also under contract for a couple years, will be interesting to see if he can regain decent form.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

A person forgets Paddack is also under contract for a couple years, will be interesting to see if he can regain decent form.

I’m honestly excited about Paddack. I hope he can come back to what he was starting to show when he got hurt. He had three good starts before that injury. My guess is they try to extend Gray for another season or two before Mahle unless Mahle starts throwing really well or takes a friendly deal. He hasn’t been great this season until last night and the Nationals aren’t a lineup that can do much damage.

stout93
    Becker MN

Didn’t somebody post on here yesterday that the game last night was postponed?? Post seems to have disappeared.

Made me miss the game..

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Dutch did and then edited it. I was looking for that news and couldn’t find it anywhere so I’m not sure where he got that. Unfortunately Jax blew it in the eighth. Can’t lose games to bottom feeders like that. Buxton, Correa, and especially Miranda have got to start hitting. Miranda is pounding everything into the ground right now. Not sure what is going on with him. Hoping it’s just timing. He has a pretty severe downward swing plane normally, trying to put backspin on the ball, but he’s not connecting on the middle-bottom part of the ball and just putting it right into the ground.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Didn’t somebody post on here yesterday that the game last night was postponed?? Post seems to have disappeared.

Made me miss the game..

Yep, that was me. Sorry about that. I thought I saw it on the crawler on the bottom of the screen on the MLB Network but it turned out to be the Cleveland game. You must of saw it in the short time it was up before I removed it. Losing to Washington and only scoring 2 runs I don’t think we missed much. sad

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Hopefully they can score some runs for Lopez today. Poor guy has a sub 2 ERA and is 1-1 in three starts. Should be 3-0

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Update on Farmer after being hit in the chops with a 92 mph fastball from the Athletic:

“It was a scary, gruesome injury, requiring dental and facial surgery, with more to come. Farmer is scheduled to undergo four root canals next week and later he’ll need an additional surgery to remove the metal wires that are currently holding his bottom row of teeth in place. But he somehow avoided a broken jaw and is already able to participate in some baseball activities.”

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Well so much for Lopez having a good day. Can’t imagine anyone really wants to play a baseball game in 35 degree weather.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

This is embarrassing. This team can’t hit anything but fastballs. The Nats starter has an era of over 8 and throws nothing but hanging sliders and we can’t do anything against him.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They should bring The Fat Kid back. His swing & miss will fit right in.

I would give them a pass this game because of the weather like you mentioned but these are the Nationals. They might be the worse team in baseball although the A’s might argue the point.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

A 10-4 loss to a guy who throws as hard as a slow pitch softball guy. Very embarrassing especially at home. Oh well, Nationals going for the sweep tomorrow.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Ober starting today. Sure a lot of interesting moves this time around the rotation.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ober is a big drink of water.

Whats the weather like down there?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

42 degrees. I wish we would just play straight up defense. I’m sick of watching 3 runs a game scored on hits that would’ve been right to fielders. Our left fielder could’ve caught that ball on the line if he wasn’t halfway into centerfield.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s Sunday. Rocco likes to mess with lineups on Sundays and get away days.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Sonny is dealing again!

And Gallo is mashing again!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yanks are playing the Twins normal role tonight.

CaptainMusky

Sonny is dealing again!

And Gallo is mashing again!

Gallo with that bomb in 40 degree temps and Correa just goes WOW on the bench!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Im quickly becoming a big Joey Gallo fan! Hope he keeps this up all year. His HR’s are like Thome’s back in the day, all no doubters right off the bat.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 2,096 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.