f-150 alignment (anyone familiar w/this)

• eelpout

So I take the pick-up for a $60 alignment, and when I go to pick it up Im told it would cost $190 due to the fact that ford pick-ups have some rivets from the factory that have to be cut and some sort of shims have to be installed to complete the work. WTF? Anyone know anything about this? Good news is that that all the parts are good on the front end, but I wonder if Im getting a shaft (pun intended) or this is for real? If its true what a bad design on these trucks. She just pulls to the right slightly and I thought Id get her straightened out but for two- hundo dont know if its worth it. BTW, its a 1996 FWD w/62 thousand on er.

herb
    6ft under

Every ford I’ve had aligned had to be shimmed. But they were all 4x4s.
    That 60 bucks got you in the door, but I imagine that price was directed towards cars for the most part. In the end I’d say pay it or try another shop. Your tire wear will accelerate costing more down the road if you don’t get it done.

eelpout

herb, thanks for the reply.does $200 sound reasonable then? sorry to everyone else here by posting in the wrong forum….

herb
    6ft under

It’s been over 10 years since I’ve had to have it done, but with the shop labor price raises since then I’d say that is very ‘ballpark’. There are some techs registered on the site who can be more precise than me. Hope they chime in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.