SUV Tires?

• DTW

I drive 60k a year and have seen many accidents of vehicles in poor conditions that could have been avoided with proper tires. They call it black ice for a reason and 4wd will do nothing for you. It only helps get you out of a ditch. Tires are one of the most important safety items on your vehicle. Sorry to bring it up. I didn’t think it would bother people giving a PSA.

Your “buddy”

DTW

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I didn’t think it would bother people giving a PSA.

How about a tire recommendation to go with your PSA? chased

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I drive 60k a year

Sucks to be you!!!

That’s a whole lotta life, behind the wheel.

You spend about as many hours driving as I do fishing. To each their own.

DTW

any Nokian Winter tire. WR3 or Hakkapolita

mike e

One curb shot can cost more than new snow tires on an extra set of wheels.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>DTW wrote:</div>
    I drive 60k a year

Sucks to be you!!!

That’s a whole lotta life, behind the wheel.

You spend about as many hours driving as I do fishing. To each their own.

60,000 miles per year at an average speed of 50mph (when considering in stop signs, traffic etc. even if on the highway) works out to be a conservative 1,200 hours a year behind the wheel – or 50 full 24 hr. days. shock

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

60,000 miles per year at an average speed of 50mph (when considering in stop signs, traffic etc. even if on the highway) works out to be a conservative 1,200 hours a year behind the wheel – or 50 full 24 hr. days.

I drove roughly that many when I was delivering glass. The only difference is that I never felt I’d be better off with snow tires. Never really had the choice though either.

DTW

I have a sales territory, SD and MN. SD is where I need the Snow Tires. Ground blizzards are not uncommon. The Federal rate for mileage now is 58 cents a mile. I calculated my MPG and a average speed of 60 MPH I am making just over $31/hr. Not bad for just driving plus I still get paid. If I drove a Prius I would be making the big bucks. I understand most wont want to spend the extra 800 -1000 buck for a set of Nokians. For the average driver they will last many many years and your summer tires will last longer too.

DTW Over and Out.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.