Sturgeon Excursion 2018 Rainy River

• deertracker

Hey BK….You wanna try to beat the wife in a shot of Fireball? Flicker and myself are in.

And look who came back from the depths of IDO retirement. Welcome back.
    DT

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Often these people never fish for large fish Pike, Muskie, Sturgeon, Cats ect. They may not have the correct gear and many can’t afford to go out and drop $100 on a net for a once a year trip.

Yet everyone has money for booze and burgers at the pub….

Perhaps some of you guys here that have multiple nets, rods, reels ect. suitable for Sturgeon can make some of this equipment available for the once a year guys?

Put a $400 deposit on my $400 combos and you can borrow it sure.

I actually offered up my net to two co-workers last spring. They were both taking a guide, same guide different weekend, and said guide has his “own methods” ( basically a walleye guide who could give a poop about a sturgeon, only the money in the off-season). Neither took it unfortunately. I won’t elaborate on that guide.

So I guess yes, I will loan out my gear but not to people who cannot afford it!!!! And I have $150 combos too that are entirely adaquate.

Feel free to pm me for sturgeon gear and pay replacement value as a returnable deposit.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

I’m putting it down on my calendar. I have a friend originally from MN who is now in Ohio. He confided to me that he was interested in a bucket list Columbia River Sturgeon trip. I told him about this opportunity. Didn’t think this would happen this soon. I am going to forward to him and get his take…Hold two or three for me…

Mark

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thanks………I don’t think BK knows I’m back yet….he hasn’t kicked me out yet..Shhhhhhhhh

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Thanks………I don’t think BK knows I’m back yet….he hasn’t kicked me out yet..Shhhhhhhhh

Oh, you left? devil

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Gathering a small crew hopefully
    assemble

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pfft, I saw you scratching your head for your password. coffee

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Columbia River Sturgeon trip

Do not pass up a Columbia white sturgeon trip for this!!

I’m not saying a Lake Sturgeon trips isn’t a hoot but the chance to tangle with something as long as a small boat would be….spamtastic!!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m going to keep this in mind but so much going on next spring. One of these days I’m going to make this trip………

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Stowmaster Sturgeon net. I Will get better price information soon!

Attachments:
    1. Stowmaster-net-1.jpg

2. Stowmaster-net-2-folded.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I hope I catch big nose’s mom! waytogo

Attachments:
    1. image.jpg

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Stowmaster Sturgeon net. I Will get better price information soon!

Looks just like my Stowmaster Musky net but blue instead of black. What is the difference?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Team Phantom Ninja is ready and practicing on 4 yr olds….. peace

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20171003_131539888.jpg

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Set the net on the ground, have your daughter lay across it, then pick it up and fold her right in )

Should be what trying to fold a 60# fish is into the net like, one handed lol

deertracker

It’s where members of this site meet up to meet each other and fish sturgeon.
    DT

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I have never fished sturgeon and would like to give it a try. I am in I am sure I can find someone to come along. toast

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thanks for re-booting this thread reelman. No, not ice fishing.

I have never fished sturgeon and would like to give it a try. I am in I am sure I can find someone to come along. toast

This is something that is on my bucket list. Tomr, if you have the boat, I will pay for the gas. I can plan on bringing my boat up however, if there is still snow cover in Aitkin County at that time *Dates for this event will be April 21rst & 22nd, 2018.*, I may not be able to pull mine out of storage. So…? I will either have an open boat seat, or will be looking for one.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

@EYEGUIDE2

Reelman, we hope it won’t be an ice fishing event!

The river normally opens up the first few weeks of April near 4 mile bay which is where most fish. It’s always been open for the Sturgeon Excursion although I remember one year that it opened at Wheelers Point on Thursday, a day before most started to arrive.

It’s basicly the first open water event of the season and since the Sturgeon are migrating up river, it’s pretty hard not to catch sturgeon with the smallest amount of effort. (the folks sitting in the bar have a very hard time catching anything but a buzz).

It’s a good time, meeting good people, catching big fish.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

My son and I will be there

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

It has occurred to me that I have never been to an IDO Sturgeon Excursion. I am in with my son.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

OK All,
    I just spoke to “Jenny” who handles the groups over 30 people. She says that the rooms are still reserved for us at $45/person-per night. The number to call is 218-634-1342. If you get any comments from the front desk gals, Jenny said to drop her name. I’m going to make my reservations today to get them going. We will want Friday the 20th and Saturday the 21st and leave Sunday unless you want to stay longer.
    Any questions, let me know. I left my name and In-Depthoutdoors as a reference. I just found out you do not need to hold it with a CC, they just want to know how many of us are coming.
    Tuck

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Maybe I missed it but which resort is hosting this event?

Didn’t see it in the original post nor when I skimmed the thread.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Maybe I missed it but which resort is hosting this event?

The # Chris posted is Sportsmen’s Lodge.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

OK All,
    I just spoke to “Jenny” who handles the groups over 30 people. She says that the rooms are still reserved for us at $45/person-per night. The number to call is 218-634-1342. If you get any comments from the front desk gals, Jenny said to drop her name. I’m going to make my reservations today to get them going. We will want Friday the 20th and Saturday the 21st and leave Sunday unless you want to stay longer.
    Any questions, let me know. I left my name and In-Depthoutdoors as a reference. I just found out you do not need to hold it with a CC, they just want to know how many of us are coming.
    Tuck

Chris, I think I know the answer to this question but thought I’d ask anyway if you know. I’m guessing the $45 pp is for double occupancy. So would the room itself be $90 a night if one ended up coming alone?

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>chris-tuckner wrote:</div>
    OK All,
    Tuck

Chris, I think I know the answer to this question but thought I’d ask anyway if you know. I’m guessing the $45 pp is for double occupancy. So would the room itself be $90 a night if one ended up coming alone?

Bringing it to the top, I know I lost my buddies from Ohio, so I might be interested in the trip as a single or perhaps my brother might like a trip following the long grueling tax season. I want to stay in touch, so if there might be space in a room for one or two, we might be able to join in… turkey season, moving, etc. may have me in jeopardy, but a new truck will make towing the easy part if I can go.

Mark

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.