strikemaster lite flite opinions

• carver
    West Metro

Looking for some opinions on this auger, looking to get a 6in.

Has anyone used one?

Also anyone seen any deals around for this auger?

ryan hunt

I ran an 8″ this weekend on Red. It’s a bit early to really say how the overall will be, but everything I did with it this weekend was awesome. I have the 40v head, so not sure on a drill unit paired with it, but the 40v and the weight savings was very noticeable. Auger definitely cut better than the standard steel auger that is typically paired with the 40v head. If everything holds up this next weekend, the old steel auger bit will be sold. No sense in keeping it around from what I have seen so far.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’m really curious about this combo myself. For what it’s worth though, I’ve never seen an auger that doesn’t cut like a champ on 8″ of softer ice.

I’ve been keeping an eye out for deal. The $180/200 prices for the 6/8″ seem firm. I’ll be pulling the trigger shortly.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I have not had the chance to cut with it yet but I will say that the weight savings does make a noticeable difference even though the weight savings is only 3-4 pounds when you just hold the blades side by side. But on the power head it makes a big difference when you start to move the unit around.

Glad to hear that it cuts good too but I was not worried about that. I hear you on the price but nothing that is quality is cheap I guess is what I have learned so far. $200 and will last forever. I bought the 8 inch.

curleytail

I have an 8 inch but haven’t used it yet. I haven’t seen them go on sale. I think your best bet is to look for somewhere offering a 15 percent off sitewide sale. I got mine at FishUSA a while back for 15 or 20 percent off on a deal like that.

Tucker

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’m hoping someone makes a lite flite 9″ chipper soon. Basically a actual 9″ kdrill.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I have an 8 inch but haven’t used it yet. I haven’t seen them go on sale. I think your best bet is to look for somewhere offering a 15 percent off sitewide sale. I got mine at FishUSA a while back for 15 or 20 percent off on a deal like that.

Tucker

There you go Tucker!

Fish USA has a 15% off sale. Code is CYBERTUES. Mine is on the way!

kbeck12

For those of you buying them. Are you planning to use them full time throughout the winter or just an early ice thing?

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

For those of you buying them. Are you planning to use them full time throughout the winter or just an early ice thing?

Full-time replacement for standard auger on the Strikemaster 40v powerhead.

carver
    West Metro

Ordered mine on monday, got the 6inch.

Pro fishing supply’s deal is a free set of blades with purchase, just looked and still going on now.

Mike S

I got the 8” and used a dewalt 996 drill and went out today and tried through 9” of ice. So far I really like it. The weight is the big thing for me. With age and bad shoulders it cut with ease. I will be selling my 40v now.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

How much u want for it mike?

Al Case

Just ordered mine, using cybertues for $30 off. Thanks for the heads up.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

When you guys run it on a drill do you use the standard drill setting or hammer drill setting? I am planning on running my Dewalt 996 on #1 hammer drill setting is that the correct plan? I am first time user of this kind of set up but excited to cut some ice with it. Also I am using the side arm the drill came with not a clam plate or anything…

Mike S

Was asking $490 with 2 batteries. Only reason selling is because their is a 15lb weight difference. Have shoulder and back issues

I am planning on running my Dewalt 996 on #1 hammer drill setting is that the correct plan?

You want to drill the ice, not hammer drill the ice. A jackhammer would work if you did want to pound through it. toast

Mike S

I used on setting 1 but on the drill setting. From the research I did it seemed that was what others were doing. Got the same drill. Also not using the clam plate but I did hear that through thick ice it makes it easier. I am going to try without it for now and see how it goes. Trying to keep as light as possible

nu98walleye

Does anyone know if you can purchase the strikemaster 40v power head with the lite flite auger? or purchase just the 40v power head?

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I think reeds had the combo you are looking for.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

When you guys run it on a drill do you use the standard drill setting or hammer drill setting? I am planning on running my Dewalt 996 on #1 hammer drill setting is that the correct plan? I am first time user of this kind of set up but excited to cut some ice with it. Also I am using the side arm the drill came with not a clam plate or anything…

I know it’s not Dewalt and it’s not a Lite Flite but you get the idea.

Attachments:
    1. B0D0B99D-12E8-4A29-B673-A84B6D088868.jpeg

Mark J.
    Southeastern Wisconsin

I ordered the 8″ this morning from FishUSA and used the code “JINGLE40” which gives you $40 off an order of 200. So even though it was listed for 199.99 it took off 40 dollars.

Shipping was free
    Price 199.99
    Discount $40
    WI tax. $8.80
    TOTAL. $168.79

Mark

Bluegill89

I just picked one up from Cabelas to put on my Strikemaster 40V. Hopefully it lasts.

kbeck12

I just used mine yesterday for the first time on my 40V power head. Works GREAT! Weighs nothing and drills fast.

navtiller
    chippewa falls

Gander Outdoors has them in Eau Claire has them either 25 or 50% off right now during their liquidation sale. Sorry, I don’t want to misquote the percent off but it seemed pretty inexpensive compared to full price of $198 There was a pallet of 8 inch there this morning. I was looking for 6 inch so I didn’t pay as close attention. There were some very good deals on everything except the camping stuff.

MnPat1

Why would you want this auger over a nils? The nils drills better, blades last longer, is cheaper and comes with a handle to use as a hand auger.

curleytail

I have a Nils 6 inch that is a fantastic auger also. This is a little lighter and i like that on a trip I can replace the blades with a new set if i hit sand and dull the blades. I know the benefits of getting a spare cutting head and getting the Nils sharpened, but that adds significantly to the cost.

I already had spare lazer blades for my power auger so it was an easy enough decision to make for me. No doubt the Nils is also a great option though.

I’ve only used my 8 inch Lite Flite in 3 to 5 inches of ice but so far I like it. No hint of binding at the bottom of the hole.

Tucker

B-man

Why would you want this auger over a nils? The nils drills better, blades last longer, is cheaper and comes with a handle to use as a hand auger.

The Nils is a great auger, but never took a huge following.

The head has to be sent out for sharpening, the auger leaves more shavings, and I’d assume it’s heavier than a Strike Lite??

There’s no such thing as the perfect auger, but the Strike Lite is getting close.

I wish they made a 7″…..then I’d own one.

kbeck12

I used the 8” Lite Flite yesterday on 10”. SMOOTH and fast. Honestly feels like you have nothing in your hands it’s so light.

Bluegill89

Are you guys thinking the material it’s made of (Proprietary Synthetic Resin) will withstand the conditions/abuse?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.