strikemaster lite flite opinions

• MnPat1

Are you guys thinking the material it’s made of (Proprietary Synthetic Resin) will withstand the conditions/abuse?

Doubtful
    Hopefully they used something different then the materials they used for the plastic handles on power augers and 4 stroke auger bit.
    My question is what will last longer the batteries on a 40v or the flighting on the lite flite.

Shawn U

I agree with you about the 7″ B-Man. I think it would be a good all around unit for a drill with early ice and my 40V head late season. I want the weight savings for sure!

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

If they used anything like what K-Drill uses, I wouldn’t have any concerns. The K-Drills seem to not have any issues. The 3 seasons I had on a 6″ and a season on a 8″ haven’t given me any reason to be concerned about the durability of the flites.

kbeck12

I just bought my 8” at Scheela Ice Fest in Fargo a few weeks ago.

Brad Hawthorne was the person manning the booth that morning. He said if you break a flighting just reach out to Strikemaster to get a new one. (Not sure on cost)

If you bend one just bring it inside your house where it’s warm and it should go back to normal after it warms up.

milemark_714

Ordered mine on monday, got the 6inch.

Pro fishing supply’s deal is a free set of blades with purchase, just looked and still going on now.

I seen that special,thinking of getting one.Are they using the Swedish blades and not the China ones?

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I know its a post from a few months ago, but wanted to give my review since I bought the 8in version last week and tried it out over the weekend. Prior to use, I saw a few posts in places about screws not being tight or loosening up so when I got it last week, I made sure everything was tight.

First impression on cutting a few holes I was very impressed. It cuts fast without leaning on it which would lead me to think it will save on batteries (have my Milwaukee M18 on it)

Friday I drilled 17 holes thru 19in of ice and the battery was still showing 50% (5ah battery)

Saturday morning, setting up at my first spot, drilling the 2nd or 3rd hole, I watched a small set screw fly out from the plastic collar where the Drill adapter is connected. I picked up the screw and put it in my pocket to put it back in when I got home (didnt have tools with me on the ice). Drilled 4 or 5 more holes without issue

On the way to my 2nd spot for the day (2mile atv ride on the ice), I get there and notice the drill adapter and plastic disc are gone. I backtrack and was lucky enough to find it minus the collar bolt. That was the end of drill holes for the day.

Got home yesterday and went to the hardware store to get a new bolt and loctite. Went thru the 2 set screws and the new collar bolt with loctite then used medical tape around the top set screw and collar bolt. Going to try it again this weekend and bring tools just in case. at least the bolt or screws wont fall out with the tape.

Overall, the auger cuts great, but losing parts on the first weekend of use after going thru the screws/bolts prior to use and tightening them all is disappointing.

If its a known issue, maybe having a bolt/screw go all the way thru with a nylon lock nut should have been included?

Coletrain27

there is a recall on the lite flites also. If you are having and wobbling issues on the adapter they will send you a new adapter and hex bolt for free that does not wobble.

There’s a video on YouTube of a guy explaining it. I emailed strike master about mine and 3 days latter I had a new one in the mail peace

jld
    Holmen

The blue loctite will cure any issues with the socket cap screw loosening and falling out. No issues since I applied a little of the loctite a few months ago.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

there is a recall on the lite flites also. If you are having and wobbling issues on the adapter they will send you a new adapter and hex bolt for free that does not wobble.

There’s a video on YouTube of a guy explaining it. I emailed strike master about mine and 3 days latter I had a new one in the mail peace

Thanks for the info, do I email [email protected] ? when I go to Strikemaster website, its all done the Rapala

Coletrain27

Yep it’s through the rapala website. Just email them and tell them you are having wobbling issues and they will send you the updated adapter. I made a new thread with the video explaining it also.

kbeck12

Has anyone used the Lite Flite on Lake Winnipeg?

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I have ran mine all season and it cuts awesome. I have used mainly with my drill but i have used it with the power head (honda solo) as well and either way it is superior to the original blade. I personally think this is the best purchase I have made in a while for Ice Fishing. Only thing I would say is that I wish I would have waited a bit because I could have saved $50. I have the 8 inch and run a dewalth 996 20V Max and two 5 amp batteries. I have been able to cut about 40 holes easily on one battery with a foot of ice. If anyone is on the edge I would give it a try.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I like mine enough that I currently have my trusty 2-stroke Jiffy listed for sale on facebook and craigslist. I have had the wobbling problems as well, and just sent an email – hopefully I can get that part replaced as well. I have just carried the allen wrench in my pocket and tightened the bolt every 15 holes or so, annoying but not the end of the world for how light weight and good cutting it is.

travelNFish
    Nebraska

I have used it all season on a Dewalt 20v, and am nothing but impressed. I was hesitant about battery life but i can drill about 90-120 holes depending on temp through 8″ with a 6ah no problem. Speed on theses is amazing, and the blades have held up just like new all year which was one concern i had. The new jiffy propane is going up for sale.

Drizzy Musky
    Duluth

Bought one this year paired with Milwaukee and i’ll never go back to a conventional drill

HeavyHauler

My buddy has an 8″ strikemaster and I have a k-drill 8″ we tested the two with Milwaukee drills, then switched drills to make sure we were being as fair as possible, and his Stikemaster destroyed my k-drill. I am still happy with my k-drill, but his strikemaster is hands down faster and smoother cutting.

yahbuddy
    Holmen, WI

Anyone with the lite flite have issues with it binding like the regular strikemaster Lazer auger bit does when you get to the bottom of the hole?

John Timm

Just used a lite flight for the first time. Comparing it to my laser bit it was way easier, non-binding, no big down once bit was buried in the ice. I was really impressed and thought my 7″ set-up was the best, but I was wrong.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

drilled maybe 100-200 holes this year and I paired it with my Honda lite 4 stroke. was going to put it on my drill but did not like the feel compared to the handles on a traditional auger. had my honda lite on CL this year but pulled the ad after a few offers and decided that I want to stay with gas. 2 pulls every time and the lite flite bit saves me a few pounds. no issues at all…..cuts like a dream and my bit came with the loc-tite so never had wobbling issues to begin with.

the only thing I wonder about is re-opening holes. seems like a traditional auger bit would be more sufficient for that application….maybe not?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Had the wobble problem. Emailed CS at Rapala. Got an answer the next day. All they wanted was date of purchase, where purchased, model, and where/who to send new parts to. Parts arrived in 3 days. Great customer service. waytogo

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Sent an email to customer service 2 days ago, haven’t received a response yet

travelNFish
    Nebraska

Emailed customer service for both my 8″, they got back to me a day later. They are sending me 2 repair hex head kits. One is a little wobbly and the other has no issues, but just in-case since it was manufactured during that window of time. No questions asked or proof of receipts. Great customer service.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Emailed customer service 2 days ago and got a response about an hour later asking for an address on where to send the new parts to. They didn’t ask any other questions or request any other info. Haven’t received the parts yet, but I’m not really expecting them for a week or so anyways.

Nicholas

Just bought a 6” lite flite a couple days ago from scheels for 119.99 and received it yesterday. I was amazed with how light it weighs. Drilled one hole in my pond and it seems to work great. I’ll know more this weekend. Planning to use it for early/late ice walking trips

Chris Messerschmidt
    Minnesota

I have an 8″ Light Flite and also a Jiffy 8″ Pro 4 Lite.

I stopped using my jiffy because this lite flite is so much faster at drilling. My Jiffy blade would freeze up to much and I don’t have that problem with the lite flight.

Really happy with it so far. I want to put another year on it before I get rid of the Jiffy.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Really happy with mine now that it’s been used hard for a few months.

I lost the bolt once from rattling around on a Digger Mount. I should have put electric tape over it like I always have done. You can see when the tape begins to bulge, and then you know the bolt is backing out and needs a few turns.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Just sent a 2nd email from a different account, maybe the first email went into their spam folder?

Kyle Tront

I’ve been running the lite on an m18 all winter. I carry two 5 amp batteries and have yet to run out and now that its warming up I’m getting way more holes vs. in -30. I’ve drilled hundreds of holes through close to 2 feet of ice and I’m starting to notice some wear on the synthetic flighting. The edges are frayed and rounded off but I think after a certain point that will stop

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Update – the email I sent them about noon today from my work email they replied to within 2hrs, they also noted that they did reply to my first email (sent from my personal email, I checked and their reply went into my Spam folder somehow)

New parts are on the way! good customer service )

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Emailed customer service 2 days ago and got a response about an hour later asking for an address on where to send the new parts to. They didn’t ask any other questions or request any other info. Haven’t received the parts yet, but I’m not really expecting them for a week or so anyways.

Emailed Monday morning. Response a few hours later. Parts received Thursday. Easiest/best customer service experience I’ve probably had from anywhere.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.