strikemaster lite flite opinions

• Chris Hagstrom

I had the exact same experience. Gave them my ship to address in my original email, and the adapter was on doorstep last night. Great customer service Strike Master!

jld
    Holmen

Sent an email to customer service 2 days ago, haven’t received a response yet

Same experience here. I realize they are probably getting a bunch of emails now so I will give it a few more days.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

All of you guys that got the new part, does that fix the problem? I just used my new set all electric set up for the first time yesterday and I got the wobble after 10 holes. Tightened it and it got loose again. I have the old style pin.

Coletrain27

Yes it helps. The new version comes with a black bushing on the adapter. And the end where the drill attaches is a little different and is easier to take on and off.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

All of you guys that got the new part, does that fix the problem? I just used my new set all electric set up for the first time yesterday and I got the wobble after 10 holes. Tightened it and it got loose again. I have the old style pin.

On the original one, my wobble would start around hole 10 and be pretty bad by hole 20. I’ve only done about 15-20 holes on the new one, but it appears to be as tight as it can be with no wobble.

Steve Kuyper

I received my new kit on Friday and there was no bushing included?

brad

I also received mine on Friday, with no bushing
    included.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Havemt receive my new parts yet but I did loctite what I have and it worked well on Saturday

Coletrain27

This is the replacement one they sent me with the black plastic bushing on it.

Attachments:
    1. B47018F0-67A0-46FF-83A1-2DD5C29B668A.jpeg

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I am 90% certain my new one they sent me did not have that on it.

Coletrain27

Maybe they are making them the correct diameter now and they don’t need the plastic bushing? I’m not sure. Have to compare it to your original adapter

Maybe they are making them the correct diameter now and they don’t need the plastic bushing?

The plastic bushing clips over the section of the NDA-3 adapter that a hand auger can attach to.

I really don’t think the plastic bushing is worth worrying about, keeping the collar bolt and all the other screws tight is way more important. Power augers have always had some wobble.

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>coletrain27 wrote:</div>
    Maybe they are making them the correct diameter now and they don’t need the plastic bushing?

The plastic bushing clips over the section of the NDA-3 adapter that a hand auger can attach to.

I really don’t think the plastic bushing is worth worrying about, keeping the collar bolt and all the other screws tight is way more important. Power augers have always had some wobble.

I disagree, The plastic bushing makes it have a lot less play and ability to wobble because it is a bigger diameter like the area where the bolt goes through.

jld
    Holmen

When you emailed them did they ever reply or did it just show up in the mail. I haven’t heard back since I sent my original email.

Thanks

Coletrain27

When you emailed them did they ever reply or did it just show up in the mail. I haven’t heard back since I sent my original email.

Thanks

They replied back and asked what the purchase date was and address for shipping the new one

Gerty

Thanks

Mine just showed up in the mail.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

I got my replacement last night and though it didn’t have the plastic bushing it is different. It’s longer and has more length in the thick area that fit’s into the auger bit. See pic, the lower one is the new adapter. Also was very tight, had to tap in with a hammer. I have not tried it yet to see if there is improvement. The instructions that came with the new part were VERY clear to discard the old bolt and use the new bolt, so that must be part of the issue.

Full disclosure, I don’t have the lite flight, I have the 7″ steel lazer bit. The issue seems to be the same though.

Attachments:
    1. adaptor.jpg

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I received my replacement adapter last night also, no bushing on it, but it is definitely different that the original one

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.