Storing fishing rods in the garage

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I prefer to use a rack to store my tools in the garage. It takes up less space than a horizontal rod holder on the wall and allows easy access to tools. The stand, standing on the floor, is stable and allows you to conveniently organize tools by category or size. While a hanging stand behind the door can also be convenient, I prefer to use a cavity to avoid issues with the weight of tools and the possibility of damaging the door.

What about your fishing rods.
    I prefer a tool box or like me 4 tool boxes for my tools. Never considered hanging them on my door but maybe I will. Then when my door gets damaged I will have the tools to fix them

picklerick
    Central WI

Definitely go overhead or on the wall. I have a freestanding one that I can’t stand. Once I get all the rods back in the boat you can have it if you’re anywhere near me.

Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

Another garage ceiling above the boat guy. Made similar and set up similar to Bearcat.

B-man

Here’s one of my vertical PVC (1.5″) rod holders, and my vertical 2×12 holder that I haven’t mounted to the wall yet since moving, but you’ll get the idea waytogo

They store a ton of rods in a small footprint. You can make either as big or small as you want.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240410-184410.png

2. Screenshot_20240410-184828.png

Riverrat

So my garage is uninsulated, and I keep my rods indoors during the off-season, but I wonder what effect the changes in temps have on a rod like that. It gets hot in there in the summer. I store mine overhead in the house during offseason, but place them randomly around the garage based on species during the year. Right now my crappie rods are out in the garage right by the door.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

It is funny this thread came up because I was JUST in my new (to me) garage the other day wondering how I want to store all my rods in the off season. I’ll likely go with a ceiling mounted system for now, and then potentially reevaluate once I get the sheeting/insulation done in a year or two.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So my garage is uninsulated, and I keep my rods indoors during the off-season, but I wonder what effect the changes in temps have on a rod like that. It gets hot in there in the summer. I store mine overhead in the house during offseason, but place them randomly around the garage based on species during the year. Right now my crappie rods are out in the garage right by the door.

Weather should impact them 0. I fish with my summer rods in freezing temps.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

They are made of the same materials as ice rods. The only difference I have between open water rods and hard water rods is the reel grease.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have three cheap berkley horizontal rod holder racks that I still need to get hung, I have to move a shelf to make it happen so been putting it off. After seeing Tswoboda’s garage I would be ashamed to post a picture of mine, compared to yours mine looks like a bomb went off.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have three cheap berkley horizontal rod holder racks that I still need to get hung, I have to move a shelf to make it happen so been putting it off. After seeing Tswoboda’s garage I would be ashamed to post a picture of mine, compared to yours mine looks like a bomb went off.

You are not the only one. My garage is a catastrophe at the moment. But I told the woman that I’m dedicating my Saturday to fixing that

10klakes

I prefer to use a rack to store my tools in the garage. It takes up less space than a horizontal rod holder on the wall and allows easy access to tools. The stand, standing on the floor, is stable and allows you to conveniently organize tools by category or size. While a hanging stand behind the door can also be convenient, I prefer to use a cavity to avoid issues with the weight of tools and the possibility of damaging the door.

After reading this response and yours in the dive bar thread, really sounds like AI wrote it….

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Isabel Hubbard wrote:</div>

After reading this response and yours in the dive bar thread, really sounds like AI wrote it….

Definitely AI but why?

MX1825

I love that ice shelter set up tswoboda. I have a kayak pulley system for mine but I can’t pull it up by myself. I hope to sell it since I don’t plan on using it anymore.

Oh by the way looks like a dirt spot on the floor. You had better get cleaning that up. whistling

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

After seeing Tswoboda’s garage I would be ashamed to post a picture of mine

That’s why I had to crop my picture. I didn’t want to make Tswobods think he needs to step up his game. wink I have that adjustable metal brackets on every stud in my shop and garage. I was lucky and no one bid against me at the auction. Best $150 I spent getting organized. toast

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.