Stand Up boat seat pedestal

• Mcmidway

I recently purchased a lightly used 1850 sportfish. It has the convertible fishing deck in the bow with a snap lock pedestal. The pedestal mount is actually 6 or 8 inches below the level of the fishing deck when it is folded out. The problem is that the pedestal is too short for me and I prefer to be able to stand up with a butt seat for casting and jigging. The tallest snap lock pedestal I can find is 30″ I need something that is 36″ to 40″ because of the convertible deck. I have looked for extensions or for conversion kits to convert from a snap lock to a king pin type of pedestal but with no luck. Anybody out there with suggestions?

munchy
    NULL

The reviews don’t make it seem all that great however.

I’d probably swap out the base instead.

mnfisherman18

I have the same boat and have been looking for a solution to this issue for a while. I landed on some sort of makeshift welding to connect the current pole to a taller seat, but have not tried to make it happen since I have been fishing at my console more often.

Let me know if you come up with a better idea!

Mcmidway

Thanks, I saw that part but it is for a taper lock pedestal not a snap lock, would have worked on my 96 CL Pro Am.

Nordic88

Mark, I may have what you are looking for. I’ll get some pics up when I get home from work tonight.

Mcmidway

Nordic88,that would be great. Thanks.

Nordic88

Mark, this is what I have. It is 35″ to the bottom of the seat fully extended. I’m 5’10 and fully extended it is perfect height for me. I don’t use it as much as I thought I would. Seat is in great shape. Let me know. No charge if you want it.

Attachments:
    1. 20200403_181615.jpg

Sylvanboat

Doesn’t using a butt seat kill your lower back?

Mcmidway

Nordic 88 I appreciate the offer but I think that has a taper lock base not a snap lock.

Sylvanboat it does cause a little low back discomfort but I am usually moving around enough so I’m not in the same position all the time, also makes for a little more space in the front of the boat.

Mcmidway

Munchie,may swap the boat in stead.

red bricks
    Mpls, MN

I have a few of these. They are the Attwood swivel-eze power pedestal 238 series. The ones I have are adjustable from 30-34″ I 6’2″ and I can barely get my tail bone on it. They are tall. might work for your situation. They fit in the 238 series base. They are in great shape and were never installed in a boat. Just used in an office setting for a removable computer stand. 90$ SW metro no shipping
    https://www.amazon.com/238-Adjustable-Power-Pedestal-Swivl-Eze/dp/B000NJ92KW

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.