St Paul ice show!

• Tedd Johnson

Who’s going? I am real excited for it as its my first time going, always have fun at the wausau ones. Any tips or advice as for what to expect planning on picking up an otter lodge while there and maybe a new rod from tucr. Should be fun even my girls are exited (they always get free candy lol)
    See you there!

tucrs
    NW Metro

We will be there it is a fun show and I think the biggest by far in the industry.

Come check us out.

Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

I will go this year. I went for my first time last year and enjoyed it.
    I was a bit overwhelmed last year so it was hard to focus on what I wanted to see. I sort of walked around the show aimlessly for a few hours probably due to sensory overload.
    This year I have 3-4 specific things I want to accomplish so I expect to have a better and more focused experience.
    Regarding larger purchases, I bought a shelter from Joe’s at the show but they allowed me to pick it up at their store, which was nice because I didn’t have to haul it out of there. If that is not an option for you I’m sure you can take it at the end of the day when you are leaving.
    Someone told me the best deals on gear are at this show, but I didn’t find this to be true across the board. There were good deals there but many of them were the same price as I could get at one of my local haunts, so I ended up buying less stuff than I had expected to. This is not such a bad thing, just not what I thought it would be. I did enjoy the freebies they passed out. I hope your girls like it. Have fun!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

The Red Door Resort will be attending the show again this year. We are excited in having a new location this year. Our new booth is across the aisle from the Rapala/Marcum/Strikemaster location.
    Please stop by and check all that The Red Door Resort has to offer!

BOOTH #512

I’ll be there all three days! stop by and say hi!

AaronMoore

Would love to go, but driving/flying from Colorado is a bit extreme. Saying that, one year I will go for sure!

Tedd Johnson

@ Peter Redin I completely understand about the sensory overload all the guys at the booths must see this a lot and laugh I’m sure I will do the same!

Tedd Johnson

We will be there it is a fun show and I think the biggest by far in the industry.

Come check us out.

Planning on it. Looking for a walleye rod to go with a new otter lodge santa

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tucrs wrote:</div>

Come check us out.

Planning on it. Looking for a walleye rod to go with a new otter lodge santa

You may want to come early for the Otter lodge… Last year I think they were sold out by Saturday afternoon.

Tedd Johnson

Really! Not coming over till Saturday as I work on Friday gonna have to leave mighty early Saturday morning

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Who’s going?

I’ll be there start to finish. The St. PAUL show typically signals the start of the ice fishing season. With the early ice this year it will be interesting to see if extra people come out to the show or if people opt to go fishing instead.

gonehunting

Is there any deals to be had on vexilar sonars? Looking to pick up another FLX-28. Or are they priced at a fixed mark as in the stores? Just want to know if I should just go pick one up at the store or wait. I have a lot of other purchases to make anyways so I am still going. Thanks

Tedd Johnson

I was just watching you and will on upper red 12/16/12 on you tube when I saw your reply lol great show too.

kodiak62
    Cambridge, MN

I am looking to get a new auger. My old Strikmaster Cobra Pro is falling apart after drilling thousands of holes over the years. What kind of deals should I expect at the show? I am particularly interested in an Eskimo Shark Z71.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

The fully insulated Otter Lodges were the most popular house last year… I’m sure there will still be some available but as supplies got low and only a few retailers had stock left the deals weren’t as good by Saturday at noon. Stop by the a Ice force booth and they’ll keep track of who’s still got stock left.

Tedd Johnson

The fully insulated Otter Lodges were the most popular house last year… I’m sure there will still be some available but as supplies got low and only a few retailers had stock left the deals weren’t as good by Saturday at noon. Stop by the a Ice force booth and they’ll keep track of who’s still got stock left.

First stop!

G-raff
    Rochester, MN

I bought a flx28 last year at the show. It saved me about $100 by buying it at the show over the store.

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

I’ve been going to the show for a very long time, it’s like paradise. This will be my first yr for being there from start to finish. For I will be working at the TUCR booth. Can’t wait.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Hope to see you all there this weekend!

The Red Door Resort will be attending the show again this year. We are excited in having a new location this year. Our new booth is across the aisle from the Rapala/Marcum/Strikemaster location.
    Please stop by and check all that The Red Door Resort has to offer!

BOOTH #512

I’ll be there all three days! stop by and say hi!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

When is the show?

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

When is the show?

This weekend and starts mid-day Friday. I’ll be there Friday and Sunday, looking forward to it. The only bummer is that it looks to be great fishing weather with good ice to be found in plenty of places! Most years, guys up north are just getting out this week.

I’ll echo what Will said about the Otters. If you know you want one, don’t wait!

Not sure where I’ll be, but looking forward to seeing everyone there. Stop in and say “hi!”

Joel

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Any coupons out there for a dollar off?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

kodiak62 – i have that same auger. it cuts nice but its a hog!!!! if you are the type to drill a lot of holes and move around i would look elsewhere as it is very heavy. Also, ive owned it for 3 years now and this year i had to have it in the shop to replace a broken draw cord, cracked gas tank, and a carb tune up. cost me 150$! was not a happy camper.

Will – i really really want an otter lodge but im the type that would rather go fishing than mill through long lines of people for free coffee and fishing booths, can you really get a nice discount on otter shelters there? if i could get 100$ or more off of an otter lodge i would say thats worth wading through the crouds but otherwise ill go fishing -)

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I bought my Otter at the show 2 years ago. I dont remember the cost but it was a significant savings. And you can drive right to the docks to pick it up.
    It’s nice to know a few things you want so you can target them at the show. Otherwise it can be fun just looking around. Right about fishing though. Given a choice this weekend I would probably choose ice fishing over the show but maybe I will do both?

michaelcfi79
    Twin Cities, MN

I’ll be there, just not sure if it’ll be Friday or Sunday. I’ll have to coordinate around my fishing schedule peace

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

We’re headed up Friday afternoon

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

This will be the first time in years that my wife and I won’t make it.

Ed

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

its a blast, wouldnt miss it for the world…

mojogunter

I won’t make it this year. I am going to head to pool 4 instead. Bring cash if you are looking to buy something of substance. You can get a better deal if you have a handful of cash, and you talk to the right person in the booth, not a salesperson.

Jim Chyba

I enjoyed the show again this year. GREAT opportunity to see all the latest gear in one place as well as to getting to talk to industry experts.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.