St. Croix Issue Part III

• Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

So, I was in the ozarks until today. I got home and there was a rod tube by the front door from St.Croix. They had sent my 8’ Premier musky rod that I paid to replace. Take the rod out and the fourth guide from the top is bent. Great. I’m getting sick of spending lunch breaks on the phone with them.

Attachments:
    1. 10919E97-4972-487D-9B64-0988759AB7C5-scaled.jpeg

2. 9B9299A7-9007-4CA1-B711-BB6F0477D7FB-scaled.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Ask for a refund and move on.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Did you try bending it back?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Understand your frustrations but everythings not perfect just bend it back doesn’t seem like a big deal.

Deuces

Should it be bent, no, but cmon take the 2 seconds to bend it 5 degrees and go fish.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Now you know where not to spend your money next time. I would just send them a picture and a little piece if my mind, then bend it back and go fishing

isu22andy

Bend it back and go … tough look dude give it a rest ..

LabDaddy1

I would just bend it back gently, by hand. I’ve done it more times than I care to admit on nice rods… lord help me shock smash

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

That is very frustrating. With your luck I would suggest not looking down the blank at how the guides line up.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

With your luck I would suggest not looking down the blank at how the guides line up.

rotflol rotflol rotflol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The guides are easily bent. Would I be happy about it no. Not sure I would make a big deal about it. Maybe send them a picture and let them know you might be taking your business elsewhere with the issues as of late and see where that goes.

mojo

I am thankful to see reports like this – good or bad. Firsthand reports that I can use to assess my future purchases. Of course we have to be aware of the fact that the VAST majority of reports will be negative, and take that into account. But I appreciate all honest feedback, and I would like to see how the manufacturer responds as well. Customer service is a huge factor in determining how I spend my money.
    Thank you for your report Steven.

Brian Smith

Hi folks. Long time reader making my first post. I just wanted to share with all readers who may be or not be St Croix fans. I have fished St Croix rods for over 30 years and have never felt let down. They are hands down one of the best values in the market still today. This past fall I had two separate incidents and broke the tips off two of my favorite rods. Both were accidental, but both were totally on me. I went to the St Croix website and turned in my claim, and I was called within 24 hours. I explained what had happened and disclosed that the rods were broken due to my handling of the rods. Both rods were replaced, no questions asked, and I only paid the $60 required for the ” in warranty ” level claims on my $450 Legend Elite rods. They arrived today in excellent condition. Thank you so much St Croix and I tip my cap to an American company doing things right !

Brian Smith

I only referenced the ” in warranty ” section because in the earlier threads
    the cost associated with warranty replacement were coming from the ” out of warranty ” section. So St Croix will still fix or replace out of warranty rods for a very reasonable fee.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.