Weekend Fishing Report

• Chunk
    New Hampton, Iowa

Return from weekend of fishing at Lake Okoboji and Spirit Lake. Fishing was extremely slow. Some fish were caught on Miller’s Bay.

honda75
    Iowa

I fished with chunk all weekend long and SLOW is an understatement. We fished 3 days and caught a grand total of 8 fish. Worse than last year by 1 fish. I heard the guides have been taking their clients to minn. because that is the only place they can catch any fish. Pretty sad three big lakes and no fish we even fished silver and I talked to a guy there who fished it for 24 hours straight and they caught 3 walleyes all under 8 inches.

shaley
    Milford IA

We didn’t do much better, 8 small perch Sat on Spirit, 1 perch today off Emerson. Had a couple follows after dark tonight but no takes. Other than that 1 perch the only strikes came from a muskie twice came up and rubed cheeeks with my bait.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hate to beat the same drum but “We heard the guides have been going to Minn because it’s the only place they can catch fish????” Not true for me and I guide,yep we have one guide that has done that,but it’s been for trophy perch,not because he can’t catch fish here.
    Honda I’m not trying to come across harsh,but there are plenty of fish to be caught in these waters.
    Please look at your post under the East/West forums.
    Ryan Hale

honda75
    Iowa

ryan as I posted in the last one. I will not pay for a guide on Iowa waters. And yes it is true that a guide took people to minn. I heard it from a person who is good friends with the guy. They were coming off of silver lake because they didn’t have any luck on boji or spirit. The guide went to Minn. for walleyes that is exactly what the guy told me. I talked to many people in little emerson and little miller along with spirit who haven’t caught a darn thing for the past week. So either you have a secret spot or a nice farm pond off the area you are catching them on. If so good for you.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Yep,you busted me.I caught all those fish on farm ponds.Not on the IGL’s.
    As far as the guide going to Mn.I told you we had a guide who went to a lake in SW Mn to go after huge perch.
    I can about guess who your talking about as who this guide is.
    Well time to go hit the farm pond.
    Ryan Hale

elheldt
    N E Iowa

Fished Spirit sunday from 1 pm to 4;30pm with my brother. Caught 1 walleye and 1 perch and lost one eye. It was so foggy on the lake that we just fished the first spot we drilled. 12 feet of water, all action on live minow. No action on Mousy. Sixteen of ice.

honda75
    Iowa

Quote:

Yep,you busted me.I caught all those fish on farm ponds.Not on the IGL’s.
    As far as the guide going to Mn.I told you we had a guide who went to a lake in SW Mn to go after huge perch.
    I can about guess who your talking about as who this guide is.
    Well time to go hit the farm pond.
    Ryan Hale

the farm pond was a joke hope you took it that way.

I was told he was giong up there to minn. to catch eyes. I am just repeating what I heard.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.