SmartStrike Card

• Reed

Hey All,
    Few questions for those who know. First, do you feel the Smartstrike card is worth the extra $$. Second, do you need both a lakemaster chip and the smartstrike chip or is the smartstrike chip all you need?

bowhunter84

Don’t need 2 chips. The smart strike chip has the lakemaster maps built in. I’ve found that on new water the smart strike feature seams to point you in the right direction more often than not. There does seem to be some rationale for what areas are being recommended. On a familiar lake, it is probably not going to teach you much

papaperch

I have a little higher opinion of Smartstrike. In fact the only two reasons a Humminbird product is on my boat. One is the ability to run the Smartstrike card and two the I-link to my trolling motor.

When doing a search for species of fish. Lots of the listed spot suggestions aren’t very great. But enough of them do pan out. It gives me the confidence to try new places and lakes.

I am a Garmin guy through and through. So you know I’m not being just a fan boy.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This card points out potential fishy spots on lakes ?

ryan hunt

rmin guy through and through. So you know

Yes it is based on an algorithms. Enter in the parameters and it highlights areas on the lake you are on or want to view for the given data. Select the lake, Enter Time of day, season, wind, clear sky, cloudy sky etc water clarity, species etc.

Have played around with it and found some of the areas it selected to be holding fish. For me I think it’s just another tool in the arsenal to help breakdown water that I Have not been on before. Shows some potential starting points and areas that should hold fish. Is it 100 percent accurate, no idea, I do like it for breaking down lakes and then running the electronics around the areas it selects.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.