big ol deadhead

• shednut
    22 feet up

My co-worker found this buck dead a few weekends ago. The shed in the first picture was this bucks from the year prior to dying. He really blew up from a 3 1/2y.o. to a 4 y.o. He was knocking on the door of 160 the year I found his shed….the following year he scored 184″ with a whole bunch of missing antler due to rodent chews. Not too bad of shape for laying in the woods for two years

john_steinhauer
    p4

Wow what a bummer someone didn’t get to harvest him! Congrats on his find though!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

Wow what a bummer someone didn’t get to harvest him! Congrats on his find though!

X2

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

That was one beautiful buck!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sad, but great find!

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Gnarly. With growth like that, he could have been world class.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Very cool buck! Never an ideal situation but awesome to find! Hopefully he knocked up some does in the area and will show up in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Shednut, Do you see that split brow trait alot? I have a pic from 2010 of a main frame 10 with that same split as the shed. Same side, same shape. Only split brow I have seen around our area.

shednut
    22 feet up

Quote:

Shednut, Do you see that split brow trait alot? I have a pic from 2010 of a main frame 10 with that same split as the shed. Same side, same shape. Only split brow I have seen around our area.

There are a few, but I definitely haven’t seen alot of split brows. I picked up one shed this spring with a split brow, and know of at least 2 other bucks with split brows….but one of those has more of what I’d call kickers from the beams compared to actual splits.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.