Shed Poaching

• Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

This is a very interesting article. It’s really sad what some guys will do for money. Just one more thing for the land owners out there to be vigilant about. As if you didn’t have enough BS to worry about already.

My favorite lines from the story are – “I’m coming after you, Larry!*” “I know what you’re doing!” “I’ve got the cops, Larry!”

Shed Poaching

whitetails4ever
    Rochester, MN

The guy from the story has caught 2 more shed poachers this month. 1 is behind bars.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Great article.. It’s only going to get worse and worse.

What about dogs?? Guy brings a dog and he’s running around, comes back with a shed in mouth. Where did it come from? Nothing againts guys that use dogs but I’m sure they end up on other property from time to time.

Personally, If I’d ever have a shed hunting dog I’d train him to Bark when he found one, not just bring it back. Similar to coondogs when they tree an animal. This way I’d actually get to see the ATL of the antler

Think that’s possible Shednut?

shednut
    22 feet up

Good article, I like the Larry quote too…painted a pretty funny picture.

Walleyebuster, I’m sure it’s possible. I know some people train their dogs to just sit or lie down next to the sheds they find. I personally have trained BB to stay within eyesight of me. I have done that more for the fact that I don’t want her out of sight chasing deer without me being able to correct her with the e-collar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.