Found a few sheds

• shednut
    22 feet up

Nice finds and nice looking dog! Looking forward to following your season

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Beautiful day here on Saturday. Went out for the day and was able to round up a couple sheds. None of them very big, but the weather was perfect which made for a great day to be out.

I’ve been saving my best spot for next weekend. I wanted to make sure a high percentage of the bucks have dropped before I go in there and start looking. I haven’t laid eyes on it all winter so I don’t know for sure if any deer wintered in the creek bottom, but if the last couple years are any indicator it could be good!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You’ve got a great eye behind the camera! Can’t wait to see your pack loaded down again.

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

I’m making the 4 hour drive this evening to one of my shed huntign spots. Planning on hunting all day Saturday and if it’s any good probably Sunday too. I’m excited to go! I haven’t been to this spot all year and as far as I know nobody else has been either. But I don’t know that for sure.

Good luck to the rest of you that are going shed hunting this weekend. Take some pictures and share them with us. I never get tired of seeing shed pictures!

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Awesome pic’s … Keep them coming man and good luck this weekend

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Good luck Lucas! Can’t wait to see more pics of the sheds you find!

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Was only able to make it out shed hunting one day last weekend. Picked 12 sheds, but nothing real big. Could have been a little warmer as it was -8 when I left the vehicle. Sheds were frozen to the ground pretty hard and I watch my dog leave a shed lay because he couldn’t get it off the ground!

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Awesome sheds

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Here is a set from last year. They score 164″ and giving him a 16″ spread he is right at 180. Found them 50 yards apart. I bowhunted that area where they were found for 16 days straight last fall and never laid eyes on him. Guess that’s how big bucks get big

kooty
    Keymaster

Well, just think how big he will be this year.

shednut
    22 feet up

Nice ATL’s! Love that first one with the set laying along the trail. Dandy set from last year too…cool character

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

This weekend a buddy and I hit a piece of public land that could only be accessed by boat. Neither of us had ever been to it, but I been looking at it on a map for a couple years and finally decided to check it out. It turned out to be a good idea as we ended with 12 sheds and one dead buck.

huntalot60
    wisconsin

My friend hunts a few spots of public out there where he has to take a boat in. (he lives in helena). seems like he alwasys has good luck. great pics can’t wait to see some more

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

That was worth the boat ride! Congrats on your finds and great photos!

shednut
    22 feet up

Awesome! Nice round of photo’s and congrats on the good days haul

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Two weekends ago I asked to shed hunt on a place that I have been seeing a lot of deer on all winter. The landowner was very pleasant, but said he had another guy that shed hunts it and would rather I not. I was bummed but no big deal we had a good chat and I went on my way. I had other place in mind I wanted to ask permission on so I drove to the ranch and asked the land owner. Much to my suprise he said go right ahead, but he had let someone else on there earier in the season to look for sheds. I didn’t have much hope, but I thought what the hell I’ll give it a try anyway. Trigger and I worked the creek bottom and the alfalfa fields above and by the end of the weekend we found 13 sheds on his place. Just goes to show you never know….

bobbergeson

Very cool! It looks like your hard work and persistence is paying off Thats a lot of bone keep the pics comeing

shednut
    22 feet up

That’s a productive weekend! Looks like some pretty chunky sheds in there to boot Some beautiful country you get to stomp around in

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

I made the 10 hour drive back to South Dakota a couple weeks ago to “visit the family” if you know what I mean. After 3 days I ended up picking 21 sheds. I looked high and low for one set in particular, but didn’t have any luck. I know they are around there somewhere, but with the mild winter they had the sheds are really strung out and hard to find. Regardless it was a great to see the family and do some shed hunting.

I went out yesterday after work not far from my house and picked one little 2 point shed. That could be my last whitetail shed for the year as it’s time to switch to elk sheds now! I can hardly wait!

kooty
    Keymaster

Those are some great pics Lucas. I can’t wait to see what you turn up for elk!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

More congrats on your finds Lucas! Love the pics too!

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Went out looking for elk sheds last weekend and didn’t have much luck. Between the snow and mud I couldn’t make it into the area I wanted to go. So instead I went to a couple other spots and put a tad over 20 miles on my boots and only picked 2 sheds. Maybe next time….

todders
    Shoreview, MN

You are a machine ! Nice job this year, you must have a huge shed to store all these sheds . Keep them coming Lucas.

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

I would like to say I have been slacking on posting pictures lately, but in reality I just haven’t been out shed hunting. Other commitments have gotten in the way and I’ve only been out looking for elk sheds a few times. Fortunately I made it out this weekend despite the bad weather and managed to pick a few sheds. No big boys, but in the end we found 17 sheds.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

It’s about time you post some shed pics! Congrats on your finds and most would consider 17 sheds a great year!

kooty
    Keymaster

Great pic! You have a gift with the camera.

Viewing 28 posts - 31 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.