Found a few sheds

• woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

I HAVE BASICALLY THE SAME MOTOR ON MY 1775 PRO V.I USUALLY DONT TROLL THAT FAST WITH MY MOTOR BUT IF I DID THE BATTERIES WOULD GO ABOUT 7 OR 8 HOURS IM GUESSING.NOW,IM SURE IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IF YOUR LAKE FISHING,OR RIVER FISHING AGAINST CURRENT AND WIND WHICH PLAY A HUGE FACTOR.DO YOU THINK THAT THE STORE WHERE YOU PURCHASED YOUR BATTERIES ARE TELLING YOU THEY ARE GOOD AND MAY NOT WANT TO WARRANTY THEM.I USUALLY GET 2 SEASONS FROM MY BATTERIES AND THEY ARE REPLACED.HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK

herb
    6ft under

First thing I’d do is put in a full charge then have them load tested. Prefferably by an independent shop.
    But I wonder if you are asking your batteries to do too much in that length of time.

shaley
    Milford IA

I run mine on a lake at those speeds while running bouncers and on a fairly calm day only run about 4 on power and can run all day or night on full charge. I’m pulling a Alumacraft Trophy 175 with a PD74

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I have a 75lb, but basicly the same setup on a 18’6″ Crestliner Sportfish. My batteries are 3 years old and I still run the motor all day, 10 plus hours, between 2 and 4. Now I have gone as many as 4 days at about 6-8 hours a day when in Canada and never had to charge them in that time frame one time.

My first thought is are you sure you have them hooked up in 24 volt or 12 volt? Because that would make a huge difference. I am thinking that I would start there first and then check the batteries at a different shop.

FYI, at 2-4 that is giving me a .75 to 1.5 speed depending on the conditions and wind.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I have the same electric motor. I also can go 2-3 days with my boat while running in the 2-4 range. I am only running a 16.5′ so I am not sure if I am comparing apples to apples. I run mine on Minneapolis Lakes that are electric motor only and have really put my batteries to the test. I have Everstart batteries. They are thing best thing that I have ever bought at Wally World.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I have two Excide 205 amp hour batteries in my 18 foot Nitro. Normally when I am trolling I run the boat at .7 – .9 mph land speed. My trolling motor is a variable speed 80 pound thrust Maxxim. Depending on the wind when lake fishing it will run 4 to 6 hours before I have to start increasing power to the trolling motor. I bought the batteries last year.

I also have a 16 foot Lowe, it is pretty small. I just bought an Everstart 200 amp hour (I think) battery at Wally world this month. Last Friday I was on the lake under pretty windy conditions. After 12 hours the battery started to really run out of juice. The trolling motor is a Minn Kota 40 pound thrust.

Something you might look at is the water level. And if you have a specific gravity tester test your acid. Before adding water (distilled) to the battery make sure you have a full charge on the battery, but if it is really low add half as much water as it would take to fill it.

Heck if the batteries will not hold a charge and they will not honor them after you do all of this, hook it up to the charger on high for a couple days. That should take care of your warranty issue, make sure you don’t create any sparks close to them when they are hot. Battery acid is explosive when hot.

Good luck

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

Thanks for the replies guys! When I had my old trolling motor I was able to go all day min. and a little less under heavy conditions. I have an on board charger and I am starting to wonder if there isnt a charging problem. I am going to do a extensive wiringing check this friday night. Maybe there just not getting charged?

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

That could be the issue, maybe a bank on the charger dropped and your only charging one battery? Happened to me last fall…

Jami

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

I replaced all the positive side connections and clean all batterie posts. It has seemed to help and I am on my way again!

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

I guess it was just a temperary fix. It looks like if I am going to run this motor at 7 or higher on the footpad I am only going to get 2 1/2 to 3 hours out of the batteries. Looks like I need to upgrade my batteries. I think that is also a crock of ____! I think I will go back to getting walmart batteries so they will actually take them back when I tell them there junk and the price will not kill me to buy a new set every two years. Not happy……..

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

where did you get the batteries at, and when is the warranty expiration date?

sand_burr
    Grasston, MN

I purchased them locally near my lake place (not mentioning names yet) and they are 30 months and of course I am at about 23 months. I brought them back and the store and the Interstate rep said they were good.

shaley
    Milford IA

You may have a control board issue in your motor to, thats also a possability. PD74 on 29 series Interstates on their 3rd season.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Not sure what to tell you, I however replaced my batteries this spring (with walmart everstarts) and I was once a bit dissapointed that I only got the 80# model, now I’m ok with it, I picked up about .5 mph with the new batteries, and my old batteries “tested out good” I can now get a good 3.4 mph out of my motor full tilt.

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

I have been out a couple times now looking for sheds. I rounded up 4 last weekend, but it’s still a little early here in Montana. Saturday I hiked 9.5 miles and only found one. Sunday I went to a new spot and found 3. Even thought I didn’t have much luck it’s still good practice for my pup and I get some exercise too.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You keep up with this girly stuff and pretty soon she is gonna expect a rock. Glad to see the pup is healed up and out in the field with you!

lick

Nice finds and great pics !

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

Good Job! Great finds!

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

We got 10-12 inches of snow right in the middle of when the deer were dropping, so they’re going to be tough to find until the snow melts some.

marsh_monster
    Metro

Thats so cool! Someday I will live in Montana!

huntalot60
    wisconsin

sweet finds. where abouts in montana. i use to live in deer lodge.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

That is probably the coolest atl picture I have ever seen , thanks for sharing!

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoy the pictures. I enjoy sharing them

huntalot60–I live in Bozeman. Moved here from South Dakota 10 years ago. I took a job in Bozeman right after college and have been here ever since. Love it here.

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Lucas, I probably speak for a lot of members…please take us shed hunting with you!!! Shedding in Montana is definitely on the bucket list.

Keep the pictures coming!

huntalot60
    wisconsin

i lived there for a year. Worked on a ranch. Best shed i found was a moose shed. My buddy and sister still live there. troy lives Helena and sister lives in Helenville( i dont know if the spelling is right). I know they find some good ones riding. Hope to get back out there.
    good luck,thanks for sharing the pics.

lucas_zemlicka
    Montana

Found this one last time I was out. Must have missed it last year

coppertop
    Central MN

Very cool pics! Thanks for reminding us what they look like!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your finds and I love the pictures!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.