Sending Lukas our Love

• prieser
    Byron, MN

One Week ago Tuesday evening a young child from Byron, MN was struck by a vehicle on a gravel road that runs along his rural home. He suffered a severe head trauma as a result of the accident. Lukas has defied logic and medicine by continually willing his little body to show signs of life and signs of strength. His parents are both whole heartily optimistic yet and the same time are preparing for the worst. This young man has had a ton of support through out many different forms of social media, today it sounds like he could use some more. He along with his parents have had a full week of up and downs, it seems another set back was delivered today. If you have some time, raise your head and hand high for a prayer, or if that’s not your thing, please send a positive thought his way. He and his family could use it.

Here is a link to the families Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/lukaswharton/?fref=nf

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Prayers sent for Lucas, his family and the doctors, nurses and staff caring for him.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Prayers sent. I can’t imagine what the family is going through. Let me know if there is a donation site setup.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Thanks. I’m sure every bit helps in a situation like this.

Timmy

Small donation and large prayers sent. Poor little fella. Stuff like this rips my heart out.

prieser
    Byron, MN

I’ll say this, on behalf of Lukas and his entire family, Thank you for the support and the prayers. They are an amazing family. I hope the get some good news soon.

Iowaboy1

for a forum that does not allow politics or religious post’s I will go ahead and offer this,may the God who created us and formed our very being,may He touch and heal this little guy if it be in His will to do so,in Jesus name I pray it to be so,Amen.

Jonesy

Very sad. I don’t think this is going to end well. I hope the family can find strength and comfort.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Update Tuesday May 31st 11:00am
    From April, Mom:

“So, when lukas got hurt, they brought him to the hospital and were going to immediately operate. We waited about an hour to half hour I think and 3 of the surgeon’s came in and told us he was brain dead. The sheriff was there and heard this too. After a while, he left. The surgeon’s said they were going to clean him up and bring him to a different floor so we could see him.
    About 3 hours later, those same 3 surgeon’s came back in and told us lukas had lifted both arms and tried to pull out his breathing tube, they have never seen this before and are convinced it was not a reflex. He has also shown us several other small miracles that have happened during his whole time here.
    Today he is not good. The Dr.s are trying everything they can, but there may not be a good end to this. Prayers”

So many things to say. I’m just going to leave this at “thank you Prieser”.

Attachments:
    1. Lukas.jpg

prieser
    Byron, MN

Update Tuesday May 31st 11:00am
    From April, Mom:

“So, when lukas got hurt, they brought him to the hospital and were going to immediately operate. We waited about an hour to half hour I think and 3 of the surgeon’s came in and told us he was brain dead. The sheriff was there and heard this too. After a while, he left. The surgeon’s said they were going to clean him up and bring him to a different floor so we could see him.
    About 3 hours later, those same 3 surgeon’s came back in and told us lukas had lifted both arms and tried to pull out his breathing tube, they have never seen this before and are convinced it was not a reflex. He has also shown us several other small miracles that have happened during his whole time here.
    Today he is not good. The Dr.s are trying everything they can, but there may not be a good end to this. Prayers”

So many things to say. I’m just going to leave this at “thank you Prieser”.

The family certainly appreciates the support BK and also everyone else. This has been a tough deal for not only the family, but the whole community. This story has tentacles all over the country and last I looked, I believe his page has been viewed by over 7700 people. Like what BK posted above, they have had a complete and total roller coaster ride. They were given the worst news possible, and then given hope all in a matter of a few hours. All the EMS personnel, from dispatch, fire department, first responders, Gold Cross, Mayo One, Olmsted County Sheriff’s Department to the staff at St. Mary’s have done and continue to do an amazing job. The Wharton’s are very, very good people and they do indeed have a great support group. Please keep the prayers coming.

Lukas’ family has not posted anything since 11:00 am yesterday. I really hope he is still fighting. Sometimes, no news is good news…..All we can do is hope and pray.

Jonesy

They announced a few minutes ago,sadly Lukas passed away.

prieser
    Byron, MN

They announced a few minutes ago,sadly Lukas passed away.

Sadly yes, we were told earlier today but I could not say anything. Lukas’ family are very thankful for all your thoughts and prayers.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

“Love when you can, cry when you have to, be who you must, it’s a part of the plan. Await your arrival with simple survival, and someday we’ll all understand.”

prieser
    Byron, MN

“Love when you can, cry when you have to, be who you must, it’s a part of the plan. Await your arrival with simple survival, and someday we’ll all understand.”

Love it Brian, very nicely said. It’s going to be a long road still for the Wharton family. Keep the prayers coming.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Beautiful Brian.

This is so sad on so many levels. Prayers continue for the Wharton family and a prayer of peace for Lucas. He was way too young to leave here.

I know Myles Keller. He’s a decent person with a long standing involvement in white-tail hunting. He has a trophy wall Fred Bear would be envious of. I cannot imagine the torment Myles is feeling about this sad turn of life events for him. Truly, Myles wouldn’t harm a fly, so a prayer goes to him as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.