July Southern WI Rock River Walleye Reports

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

July has been good fishing for walleye at peak times. Water is still high which has helped the walleyes to stay in the river. With the high water walleyes have been holding to the wood out of the strong current. Casting title shots jigs with money minnows, crank baits or twister tails have been working for me. With water temp holding at 77 and starting to rise it wouldn’t be long when they come out to play. Good luck to all and drink lots of water. Cya on the water.

Jeff

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Nice Fish, the scenery and way you describe it reminds me alot of the Minnesota river from back home which i Caught my PB 11.0 walleye out of. Sometimes them small rivers give up some big Eyes, keep on catching, – QB.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

July walleyes CPR

If u would like tips to catch walleyes likes these pm me and we can see what we can work out!

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Way to keep grinding out them river fish, nice catches. – QB

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Nice fish Jeff! Would love to make the time to get down there since its only minutes south of me….but everyone wants to head north

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Funny, I was just north and wished I was back here. Lots of nice smallmouth bass in the Ely area but I walked away from a walleye bite in my backyard that’s the best it’s ever been in my life. Happy to be back on the rock!

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Jeff I would love to catch some walleyes like those… when we going??

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Post deleted by Jeff Patrick

nauga-monster
    Milton, Wisconsin

Most elders don’t act like big babys and do get my respect.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Fishing has been great in July in southern WI we hope all you anglers are enjoying it like we are!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Was out yesterday 130 to 800 pm to break in the engine some more trolling on Kosh. Wasn’t expecting much given the blue sky and glass like water. Ran into Wefish while putting gas in the boat. Funny how a new looking (not new anymore due to scratches already ) gets attention from people. Did my usual milk run of trolling. Grabbed about 15 white bass and a 15.5 walleye. All fish caught on the usual shad raps that we all know and love.

Talked to some guys at the ramp. One troller did not do to well. But a guy jigging the river had a cooler of very nice walleyes. I would not have kept them but he caught them so he can keep them. Many trollers showed up in the evening but did not see many catching.

Boat running good except I get too much splash back from the transducer while on plane. Gotta get that adjusted.

At least not skunked.

Tough part for now is getting the boat on the trailer straight. Still trying to find the sweet spot. Thought I saw Databoy out yesterday but could be mistaken.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Glad to see you’re getting some use out of that new tub, Eric, instead of just staying home and snuggling up to it. Looking forward to a personal introduction one of these days.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Who is Eric?

Must be my evil twin.

Derek

z-man
    Dousman, WI

I’m sorry, Derek. Don’t know why I keep calling you Eric…

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks for the report Derek

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I wasn’t out. I’ve been either fishing with Jeff or out of my Wenonah canoe but lately on the lakes killing bass. Lake WI has been good to me the last 3 Tuesdays, including yesterday with my oldest son. 3.5 lb smallmouth wasn’t as good as the 5+ the week before but if they keep biting like that it might be awhile before my interest for walleye returns though I did get my broken jigging rod replaced yesterday with a new one.

As far as your transducer spray. It’s likely coming from the open gap between the transducer and the bracket. I cut some Styrofoam for my in-laws boat and stuffed it in there and wrapped it with electrical tape. It’s been good since though it’s time to steal it back and rig it so I have side scanning on my canoe. It also helps to slightly tilt your transducer down to reduce the bubble that builds up behind it at higher speeds.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Thanks,

Bird came out with a plug to fill that gab and it is installed.

I did notice the bracket was cracked right where the bolt attaches the ducer to the kick up plate. The crack is in the kick up plate. So heading in for a free replacement.

Took some measurements and looked at the placement of the ducer. I think is too low in water. Will play with it soon at a friendly nearby ramp.

Thanks

D

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

LOL – dealing with a new boat! It’s only the beginning and you will have more issues. I remember well and have learned to buy local if possible. I always recommend to by from a dealer close to home, traveling hours to dealers to get things under warranty can cost you more money than you think if you buy to far away! If your rich then who care!

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Rich…you must mean Z-man . I saved for over 10 years and now that my son wants to go I get on the water a little more. I hear you on the buying local. These fixes are easier when the dealer is 9 miles away in stead of 47.

z-man
    Dousman, WI

You guys don’t see me spending my money on new boats…..I save it for the much more important things in life, like rods, reels, and tackle.

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Yep, learning more every day that you gotta pay to play. Unfortunately my wife is catching on. I should have never taught her how to check the bank accounts.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.