Rochester MN DAV Hunt 2017

• prieser
    Byron, MN

Here is the email that I received again this year. It is a truly great week(end) in at Chesterwoods with these veterans. If you are interested in helping this year, Tom’s information is below.

Greetings all,

Looking for volunteer commitment for this year’s DAV deer hunt. If, you can help please reply or call and leave a message at the park. I would like to know what days and what hours you would be available. Please feel free to ask a friend to participate, just let me know.

The dates will be November 9th – 12th butchering will begin at 10:00 a.m. and go into the afternoon if necessary each day. Sunday nights have usually produced a few deer, anyone available first thing Monday morning the 13th would be appreciated, staff have usually worked this in with knock down of the event. Help is greatly appreciated by all. A meal will be available to all, great to sit and share stories and experiences with each other.

We are strongly encouraging the Veteran to be present with the processing of his/her meat. A great teaching opportunity and all of you have done a fantastic job at helping and mentoring them in the skills of butchering deer.

Your consideration and help is greatly appreciated and adds to the success of this hunt.

Tom Eckdahl
    Park Manager
    Chester Woods Park
    Eyota, MN 55934
    (507)287-2624 office

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.