RIP BB King.

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

One time, maybe the last time, he came to town I bought tickets way in advance then ended up going fishing instead. I always kinda regretted that.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I guess to be accurate, we lost a legend yesterday.

I saw him play the La Crosse center in 2000, and it was a fantastic show. He was an old man then and he toured for a long time after that.

fishingdad

The thrill is gone He was a legend saw him a couple of times in Concert and he definitely was a great musician. The world is poorer for his loss.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

My wife saw him play in Christchurch, New Zealand in 1987 when he was touring with U2. She got tickets to see U2 on their Rattle & Hum tour for her 11th birthday. She had the distinct impression that many in the crowd did not know he was famous in his own right and when he played the massive crowd was almost silent and transfixed by his playing. A kid next to her said, “Is he really playing all that by himself?”

One of the funnier moments in the Rattle & Hum movie was when BB King says to U2’s Edge, “You’re gonna have to play the chords on this. I don’t do chords.”

Grouse

chomps
    Sioux City IA

The chairman has played his last song. No doubt his legend will live on, he was one of the best. They were playing BB all day on his Sirius radio station loved it

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I saw him in Lacrosse in 2000 as well. The gold collection still gets a ton of play on my iPod.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.