Red Wing 1/17-1/18

• Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

That’s it… This weather is too nice to sit around. Heading up to RED WING for the first time early tomorrow morning from Des Moines, IA, fishing all day and staying at Everts for a half day out on Sunday. New to Red Wing but familiar with Mississippi. Any advice from the Red Wing locals and/or veterans?? Anyone else going to be out? Tan/Black Tracker Targa occupied x2.

WW

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

Fished friday late afternoon into early evening. The middle 2 rollers are lowered and water is coming over the top causing allot of flow down the middle of the channel. Looked liked most boats were jigging plastics- mostly ringworms, along the current seems and in the low flow areas. Did not see allot of fish caught. We managed 4 keeper eyes and 1 sauger for 3 guys and 6 hours of fishing. Hopefully the wind will die down for you. Strong winds yesterday blowing upstream all day sad Good luck and enjoy the weather wave

Grawler

Im from ankeny and headed up soon. 621 Ranger grey/red/black. Ill look for you and try to help. Be there until late Monday. Good luck

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve been out of service since Thursday…just getting back into the hook set of things….

Everts Saturday Report:

Bite report was good today. Mixed report of ringworms, flukes and minnows. Slow dragging and pitching produced nice fish and the vertical bite wasn’t too bad either. Waiting on some pictures…..cough cough….

Attachments:
    1. No-name.jpg

2. Tim-from-Prescot-Baits.jpg

3. Justin-Frike.jpg

4. From-Friday.jpg

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Fished from 11am to 1am on Saturday. 30+ boats out at the dam and we saw 2 fish caught. Both were short.

Spent a few hours at the “Y” in the 18-25 range jigging plastics with no luck!

Grawler

Not going to lie…fishing has been toughest I’ve seen up here. Usual spots and techniques not working. 14 hours fishing and saw 3 fish caught and none by us. Not afraid to admit it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I talked with two boats today at 2 pm. The one was on the water early and indicated the bite shut off as the sun came up. The other fished from 9 to two and said it was tough.

Sure wish I would have arrived earlier to get out today. Dang it looked nice out there!

mattgroff

I was out Saturday morning for a bit. Caught to short walleyes and 2 very small saugers. I’ve never seen the bite this slow this time of year.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

30″ northern on a oystershell pulse-r and 2 17″ eaters gave in to the purplecracker ring worms. We great time with very little sleep – can’t wait to go back in a month or two.

Attachments:
    1. image85.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.