Recommendations for where to purchase new electronics from.

• arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

I am thinking about purchasing some new electronics for my boat. A Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N and a Minn Kota Terrova 80 lb with Ipilot. I was planning on doing some shopping before the NW Sports Show and seeing what the prices are at the show. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to check prices?

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I’ve actually had really good luck with GM and Cabelas during their spring sales…but both companies are under new management now. Not only did both those places offer great deals, they were close to my home and had good return policies should there be issues. I’d hesitate to buy something online if it were expensive.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I just purchased that unit and a 9 from Thorne Bros. Every retailer advertises for the same price, I think you’ll see that. Anyway, it’s the service after the sale for questions on setup and these people have real world experience using the product.

Good luck and have fun.

David Blais

I usually buy from lacannes marine in Faribault. Usually it’s free install if you purchase from them.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I usually buy from lacannes marine in Faribault. Usually it’s free install if you purchase from them.

I also got free installation from Skeeter Boat Center. I just needed to buy the boat, motor, trailer there first. rotflol

Reef W

Bought my Garmins from thegpsstore.com Pretty sure they were the same price as everywhere else but they actually had them in stock and don’t collect sales outside of North Carolina.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Russell Marine has some of the best online prices, if you’re comfortable installing them yourself.

blackbay
    mn

On line there’s BBG Marine and Pro Fishing Supply. Both have been good for me.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Reeds or Marine General will match or beat anyone.

beardly
    Hastings, Mn

Try JollyAnn Marine. Ben is a great guy to work with.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Are you installing yourself? If so, you should be able to deal at the show or find the best deal online. Most of the boat dealers will put together a package for you.

You should also check to see if Minnkota has any rebates available. I was able to get $200 back from them in rebates last year.

I bought from Dan’s Southside and had them install everything….price was about the same from all dealers but their labor was the least. Chose them because they are only a few miles from home. I bought a Terrova, Helix, Talon, and new batteries. I think they charged 3-4 hours of labor to install everything and it was warrantied. I’ve had the boat back a few times for maintenance and been happy with them, too.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Yep, I am going to do the installing myself. I have bought a lot of stuff from Reeds at the shows in the past. I figured I better do some checking so I know where everyone is at for pricing.

I see Minn Kota has rebates available again.

Sounds like Dan’s Southside treated you well.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Dans was good and had been easy to work with.

I assume Minnkota will have a booth at the show. When I was in the market they were really helpful. Even drew up a diagram of how to install and network everything as I was going to do it myself. I’d definitely speak with them if you can.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I am thinking about purchasing some new electronics for my boat. A Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N and a Minn Kota Terrova 80 lb with Ipilot. I was planning on doing some shopping before the NW Sports Show and seeing what the prices are at the show. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to check prices?

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing electronics at the show in past years? I’m looking to purchase some Helixes, and am wondering if the 50 minute drive would be worth it.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

buckybadger, I sent you a PM.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>arcticm1000 wrote:</div>

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing electronics at the show in past years? I’m looking to purchase some Helixes, and am wondering if the 50 minute drive would be worth it.

Absolutely. At the show you can go to the Humminbird, Lowrance, Garmin booths and ask all the questions you want. Then walk over to Reeds and buy the units. Leave the units at Reeds and go walk around the rest of the show. Stop for a ice creme cone, go back to Reeds grab your stuff and leave.

Easy, peezy.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Digital oasis.com

paulroecker

Talk with Andrew from Reeds at the Sport show. He has always treated me great and beat all other prices.

fargotridad

Scheels will always price match and there service and return policy are second to none.

CBMN
    North Metro

CASH AT THE SHOW !!!

Completely agree, especially since the show is next weekend. Show up with cash and wheel and deal the price down, without a doubt would be my first choice.

Second option would be Reeds or Marine General.

Third; Scheels and Cabelas can have some decent deal and sales.

Finally Universal Mania (website) can have some good prices.

gonefishin

Hi, last year I upgraded my electronics to the tune of nearly $7K. I checked on line and BBC provided the lowest cost but did not have everything in stock. My friend’s son worked at Scheel’s and informed they price matched. Showed the cost from BBC and Sheel’s matched except for the MN tax. Also with Scheel’s received another year warranty although 3rd party. Thus with the 1 year standard from HB and MK and the 2nd year for registering, adding Scheel’s was 3 years.
    Unhappy to say that for my purchases, warranty has already been used multiple times and Scheel’s handled that also as service center. If opening Scheel’s Visa also get additional off which I did and which then reduced the cost for tax about 50%.

Just had Scheel’s price match with Cabella’s on a CI4+, 40 dollars off.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.