Recent LOTW Trip

• Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

A group of my high school buddies and some of their family make an Annual trip up to Baudette, MN to fish Walleyes on Lake of the Woods. I look forward to this trip every year! Since this is an Annual Trip we all put some money and bragging rights on the line for the Angler who can catch the biggest fish of the weekend, take home the Trophy + $500 Cash and call themselves “Mr. Walleye” for the year. It was a tight race going into the last day with not many Slot Fish caught but one bite is all it takes…

What type of annual trips or traditions do you guys have?

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Nice job on your video! waytogo

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Nice job on the video. 4 of us are going out of Ballards for the first time in a few weeks. Can’t wait it’s also first time on lotw any tips would be awesome.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Nice job on the video. 4 of us are going out of Ballards for the first time in a few weeks. Can’t wait it’s also first time on lotw any tips would be awesome.

Hopefully you guys experience a good bite! We’ve always gone in Jan so I’m not sure how the bite typically is in Feb. Ballards usually does a good job of moving houses around, searching for fish, and putting you in new water (if you want it). We were out in 30 and 31 fow during our trip. The first day fishing was good for numbers, not much for size and Sunday (day of video) was noticeably slower. We marked the fish but they would nose and investigate the bait and leave. Bring a variation of small and larger spoons, Rip N Rap bite on Saturday was fun but they wouldn’t hit it on Sunday. If you’re seeing fish but they aren’t biting, change up spoon/color/size. Fathead/Shiner/Rainbow Chub didn’t seem to matter on our Deadstick rods.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Thanks Mitch I’m all stocked up with spoons and raps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.