rainy river ice out

• Deuces

Last ditch effort bear is to spray the starter w some wd40, make sure to pull up gear and get shaft, work it down best ya can, sometimes the old grease in there gets real sticky especially cold weather and needs to be taken apart, wd40 isn’t really a lube but reumlsifies any lube already there.

Hope ya figure it out.

Nice catches fellas! toast

deertracker

Wrap a rope around the flywheel and hand start it! coffee
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Wrap a rope around the flywheel and hand start it! coffee
    DT

Lol the 75 does not like that. To much compression

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Last ditch effort bear is to spray the starter w some wd40, make sure to pull up gear and get shaft, work it down best ya can, sometimes the old grease in there gets real sticky especially cold weather and needs to be taken apart, wd40 isn’t really a lube but reumlsifies any lube already there.

Hope ya figure it out.

Nice catches fellas! toast

The starter goes up and engages the fly wheel then sounds like something is sheerd off in the starter. No quick fixes to be had on this one it needs a rebuild. But thank you for the advice

Side note, any one who wants to stop and grab a starter for a 97 force 75hp I’ll give a cash reward to.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Have a starter being delivered tomorrow am. Till then we are down to the trolling motor and anchor. Bite is still great for us

Red Eye

I’ve had my own mechanical problems this morning. Went to pull truck out of access and heard big clunk. I got it out but trany or transfer case aint happy. Then get out fishing and i lose power to both graphs. No sonar no gps. But I have caught 32 with 23.5 being the biggest. Will have to find someone to pull the boat out tomorrow cause I’m scared to back down the ramp again.

Bearcat im at birchdale. If you want u and the boy could jump in with me this afternoon/evening.

CaptainMusky

Sucks you guys are having mechanical issues. No fun at all!
    I just saw a huge Warrior 2080 with dual 16 inch Lowrance units run through town assuming on the way home from Rainy. Beautiful 120k or more boat!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve had my own mechanical problems this morning. Went to pull truck out of access and heard big clunk. I got it out but trany or transfer case aint happy. Then get out fishing and i lose power to both graphs. No sonar no gps. But I have caught 32 with 23.5 being the biggest. Will have to find someone to pull the boat out tomorrow cause I’m scared to back down the ramp again.

Bearcat im at birchdale. If you want u and the boy could jump in with me this afternoon/evening.

I appreciate the offer. We are down by frontier. I tied my boat off last night and left it, buddy picked us up on the road. We drove and parked on the side of 11 and got permission to cut through a yard back to my boat. He then pulled us out and we have been doing great just anchored and pitching jigs. I can pull your boat out when we get back if need be. Again thank you for the offer.

Red Eye

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Red Eye wrote:</div>

I appreciate the offer. We are down by frontier. I tied my boat off last night and left it, buddy picked us up on the road. We drove and parked on the side of 11 and got permission to cut through a yard back to my boat. He then pulled us out and we have been doing great just anchored and pitching jigs. I can pull your boat out when we get back if need be. Again thank you for the offer.

Thanks. I’ll let you know. U camping at birchdale? Maybe have to get together for a brew later

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yes, blue otter ice shack. Buddy has the tan suburban at camp and the grey otter. Feel free to stop by this evening. If my blue ram is back then I am there.

Michael Best

Man sorry about your guys bad misfortunes with the break downs.
    Do either of you need anything from town. I need Minnows. Went through 3 scoops. Yesterday half my fish came on plastics. Today I caught one a plastic and the rest in minnows.

Heard timber mill access is open now for anyone that wants to go that way.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I’m jealous of all of you up fishing or heading up. Wish I could make it, keep up the great reports and pics though.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We ended up with alot of fish today. Got the starter fixed later in the day. Anchored all day with little trolling between spots. Constant all day action. 26 was biggest in our boat today. My kid stabbed a bigger then 26 walleye boat side with the net and it popped the jig. He won’t live that one down for a little while. Happy to have a fixed boat for the am.

Peter Herman

Fished birchdale today. Lots of action like Bearcat said. Lot of smaller fish with some nicer fish mixed in. We got a fat 27 3/4” for the biggest today with a couple 25’s. Lost a big one as it popped off at the surface boat side. Would have liked to have seen that one in the net. All in all a great day with lots of cooperative fish biting minnows and plastics

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nice meeting you both Mike and Kyle. Nice to put faces to names. And Kyle I never grabbed your number, I’ll pm you and tell you where my keys are, if I’m not around you can use my truck to pull your boat out today. Just put it back where it is now when you are done please

Michael Best

I agree Ron great meeting you both as well.
    Nothing like the comradery around a camp fire.

Red Eye

I agree Ron great meeting you both as well.
    Nothing like the comradery around a camp fire.

X2
    What a great offer Ron. Thanks again. I got someone to get the boat out for me and I made it home. Truck goes forward ok but doesn’t like revers, turns or 4×4. That sounds cheap I’m sure.
    Anyway. I fished most of the day yesterday and 1.5hrs today. Boated 67 total 12ish over 20” with the 4 biggest being 23, 23.5, 25 and 29” (my new PB).

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2685.jpeg

Michael Best

Great fish Kyle! Sorry about the bad luck with the truck. Hopefully it doesn’t cost you a fortune to fix.

I ended up with 100 walleyes since Friday. My biggest was a 28” with 30 over 20”.
    Today they were sure liking the plastics pitched. Current was a little stronger today. Water temp is in the 42 range at Birchdale.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4047-scaled.jpeg

grizzly
    nebraska

A lot of boats west down river of Baudette. Any reports how fishing is down that way

dbright
    Cambridge

A lot of boats west down river of Baudette. Any reports how fishing is down that way

We talked to a boat by birchdale that ran all the way up from timbermill because the bite was bad for them towards wheelers.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The bite was good to start and then hit a lull. Bounced my boat off some rocks running up to the rapids. That sucked. But then we fell back and caught a ton more fish. Shifted gears and caught 8 sturgeon since dark. Lost the biggest one I’ve ever seen boat side, that also sucked. But the kids been having a blast. We are over a couple hundred walleye in our boat since Wednesday. Another successful trip. We will probably pack out in the am and fish tonight late.

Attachments:
    1. 20240406_225113-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I had to hop in with a buddy and get wet boating this just shy of 60.
    We ended up with 14 sturgeon last night from 8pm to midnight and about 9 or 10 eel pout. As well as 5 more walleye on the sturg gear

Attachments:
    1. Resized_20240406_231215_1712463354212.jpeg

slough

Are the crowds as horrendous as one would imagine on a weekend?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yup. We will be doing Sunday to Friday next year.
    The crowd died off today. Wednesday and Thursday were quiet. Friday and Saturday were a zoo.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Very good bite the last three days. Very very bad wind the last three days. Today was our best with the biggest going 29.5”

1/4 and 3/8 oz jigs with paddle tails in some sort of natural/white combo was the deal for us. Dragging and pitching both worked. Found all our fish relating to gravel and not so much on sand.

The amount of 22-26” fish right now is insane.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Almost a ghost town up here this afternoon. 75% of the people from over the weekend are gone. Going to be extremely quiet the next few days except for some epic fishing going on. Yesterday Eric and Dustin showed up to fish and between the three of us we caught 360 walleyes for the day. 30.5″ was the biggest for Dustin. Wind blew today and we caught 32. We did do good today on big fish with five 27s, 28.5 and a 29. Not sure what we are up to tomorrow. Get up, drink coffee and figure out where we are going fishing.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20240407_223204.jpg

2. 20240406_090351-scaled.jpg

3. IMG_20240407_223138.jpg

4. IMG_20240407_223138-1.jpg

B-man

Dear Lord it was insane this weekend. Busiest I’ve ever seen it in 15 years of fishing there.

Trucks and trailers were parked ONTO the highway PAST the Nelson Store, which is 1.25 miles of rigs. All of the other landings were packed as well. I made myself a promise that I’ll never go on a weekend again. We pushed off the ice up the river to avoid the lines.

Fishing was awesome and we hammered them on Twin Tied Jigs!!! Our biggest landed was 27″ (Hank) and Ben had a 29-30″ pop off boat-side before the net (I had the boys do all of the netting)

The campground was a poop show (as expected) and packed full.

We stopped and said hi to Bearcat and Mason, I don’t know what he’s feeding that kid, but he’s already bigger than an average grown man lol

The boys and I were up for just one night and needed a place to sleep in Moms car. I ended up running into a fishing buddy/acquaintance who hooked us up with a private site right on the RIVER!!

It was fricken awesome and we were extremely greatful. We had it all to ourselves, lit the charcoal, cranked some tunes, and the kids did some “expeditions” (cliff climbing).

I have my fingers crossed that we get invited to stay there again. We’re going suck up and get some more jigs tied up in appreciation mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240408-0320542.png

2. Screenshot_20240408-033802.png

3. Screenshot_20240408-031910.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nice seeing you Brandon and the boys. Yeah Mason has grown like a wild fire. 6ft1 200 pounds at 12 years old, he is a big boy.
    Our trip was awesome, I am actually going to try and sneak back up if I can before the 14th. Till then, I’m back to work and that sucks.

grizzly
    nebraska

Don’t know what changed but Sunday was much slower for us. We caught fish but numbers were way down. Hopefully better today

deertracker

My son ran up early this morning on 3 hours sleep and already found some good fish. Ah, the life of a college kid. grin
    DT

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.