Rainy North Arm 9/8-9/15

• patk
    Nisswa, MN

Annual September trip is in the books and what a trip it was.

Weather: 55-60 for lows, 70s for highs. Was an alternating pattern of big south wind, calm the next day, and then repeat. Campfire every night and only wore the rain gear for a few hours on one day.

Water: 66-67 with no real fluctuation over the week. Typical to see a significant drop this time of year but that didn’t happen.

Walleye: Didn’t do much. We refuse to fish deeper. Both because of no live bait and just a disinterest in dealing with 30+ fow. We caught a couple shallower for meals and had friends doing well on main lake humps with minnows.

Pike: Big girls and a number of them. Odd part was on the big wind days our fishing was slow to downright bad. The other days were decent and a front last Thursday had them actively feeding. Wish we had video from that day.

I’ll have to edit this count but I think we had 7 fish over 15 pounds, biggest was in the mid 17s, and saw one that my buddy referred to as the Red October but didn’t hook up. Another 12 or so between 10-15. Overall numbers were way down but with size profile we didn’t mind. whistling I’ll try to get pics off my camera later this week.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Sounds like a great trip. Have mine coming up in just over 2 weeks.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Nice, looking forward to the pics!

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

great trip when rain gear not needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.