Rainy Lake, Early July water temps

• chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Is Rainy comfortable to swim in early July? What are we talking for water temps? Family wants to do a house boat trip, and first week of July was suggested. My gut feeling is that on average that would be a bit early.

Thanks a mucho.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

I usually am on Namakan the week after the 4th, always swim. Was there the 5-10th this year and swam every day.
    Last year we were camped on the east end of Rainy from the 5th to 11th.
    Swam every day there also. Now I will say both weeks were very warm, but I cant remember a week after the 4th that I didnt swim (I’d say I’ve been there that week for at least 15 of the last 20 years).

There are beaches on the lake that warm up pretty nicely, check out the day-use map for them, and use google earth/maps to locate others.
    Water temps this year were 82 where our campsite was (Williams island), and 77 on the main lake. Last year the temps in Hitchcock bay were upper 70’s the week we were there. Now, 6 feet down where your feet are, is gonna be a bit cooler smile

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We go that week every year for 10 years, and it’s always swimmable. Sometimes it’s a little chilly, sometimes, like this year, it’s warm.

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

Water temps this year in first week of July were high 70s to low 80s….very warm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.