Question about project (seasoned fisheries please respond)

Hi, I need a bit of information on fishing.

I need to know if there is a certain fish that is not available for fishing DURING FREEZING WINTERS, but is otherwise available if it dosnt freeze for the winter. Is tarpon a fish that fits this category? The preferred geographic location would be North Florida.

Any information is appreciated. I am using this for a short-story and want the facts to be true. Thanks

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

James keeps all of his favorite Minnesota tarpon hot spots a secret.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Pugs going to be mighty disappointed when he finds out there are freezing winters in FL. Lol

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Not a very imaginative name for a writer? lol

Joe Fisher

Not a very imaginative name for a writer? lol

Even IT guys can come up with more imaginative names then that!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I prefer asdf asdf asdf for my IT gibberish.

Now as a person who has a hard time suspending reality for stories and movies, I appreciate the question.

Although your post seems suspiciously spammy or phishy, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you are someone looking to write a story who just doesn’t know a lot about fishing or fish.

That being said, unfortunately I don’t think there is such a fish. The question is a little generalized though. By freezing do you mean just really cold or do you mean when ice forms and covers a lake? I know you said tarpon, but are you talking freshwater or inter coastal waterways (salt/brackish water protected from ocean by land barriers?

There may be some species of fish that move further up river (South) in the Saint John’s when the weather is cold? The Saint John’s dumps into the ocean at Jacksonville, north Florida.

gary d
    cordova,il

James keeps all of his favorite Minnesota tarpon hot spots a secret.

Andy- Wikipedia said that a male shad have been called fresh water tarpon. So James could have a hot spot for a tarpon. LOL If he fish’s for them.LOL

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I doubt if the OP remembers his user name. )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.