PLEASE take a second to read… Let's make this kids day

• Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Fellow IDO’ers, I am sharing a post from a Facebook friend of mine… Please take a second to read.

“Have a favor to ask all my fellow face book tackle maker’s and friends. My niece and her boyfriend have a very special little boy, Colton (age 5); that has been in remission from Rhabdomyosarcoma ( commonly known as RMS) cancer for 1 1/2yrs. and unfortunately it has reared it’s ugly head again and has him presently in surgery at Gundersen Medical Center here in La Crosse, Wi. Our little “Mini-Man” as I call him, loves everything about and related to fishing of every and any species. I can only make certain types of tackle to help fill the largest and greatest tackle box a boy could dream of having, and my thought was to reach out to all of you and see if anyone would like to donate anything to help Colton in his dream of having the greatest of tackle supplies ? Believe me, I am not one to ask for other’s help on anything, but this little guy is someone so very special, and if the greatest of all tackle supply boxes is what he wants, then I will do whatever in my power I can to help him reach that goal. If anyone has anything they would like to donate to this special little boy, please message me and I will get you the information needed. Thank You !”

“All donations for Colton can be sent to : Larry’s Walleye Tackle – 944 Cameron Ave. – La Crosse,Wisc. 54601 c/o Colton . We will organize all donations to Colton and surprise him with all his fishing tackle and post all items, along with whom donated, and also post a small video of his reaction, as well as where he can thank each and everyone personally. thank you all so very much ! Larry”

My package is going out tomorrow.. Please join me and SURPRISE THE HECK out of this kid

WW

Attachments:
    1. 10653691_700291093393088_5097377031582418105_n.jpg

2. 10660174_700290296726501_1509301734894953861_n.jpg

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

From Larry’s Facebook page:

Just wanted to give everyone a small update on Colton. His surgery went well and he had a fairly rough night. He is obviously very weak and the outlook as to his future treatments won’t be known probably until next week after Heather and Andy meet with all the doctor’s and go through and ponder over all options available for Colton’s future treatments. I will try and keep you all updated as best I can. I also would like everyone know that the response that has been received for Colton has been overwhelming beyond our wildest dreams ! Words alone can never express the kindness, generosity, and love you all have shown towards Colton. Like I said before, he is alittle boy that has lived on this earth for 5 years and has gone through those 5 years battling every day trying to be an just an ordinary boy, something most of us all have been able to do without the pain and hardship this little boy has had to deal with. But, all that know Colton knows he will fight through this once again and be a healthy young man. Colton’s face will light the sky when he see’s all the fishing tackle and kindness you all have donated and shown towards him. we will post a small video of his surprise when he is able to thank each and everyone of you himself. With the response being as overwhelming as it has been, I know I have missed some of you on postings and messages, and I truly do apologize for that. I will try and do my best to answer each and everyone of you gracious people. Many have asked in other shares of the posting as to where to send donations, that address is : Larry’s Walleye Tackle – 944 Cameron Ave. – La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601 c/o Colton . Again, THANK YOU ALL ON COLTON and HIS ENTIRE FAMILIES BEHALF !!!!

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Larry,
    A care package is on the way. Thanks, Chris Winchester

riverruns
    Inactive

Joel, Sent you a friendship request.
    Shawn

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

We at the lacrosse area walleye club will put something together as well. I’m out of town until tomorrow night, but this will be top priority when I get home.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Update from Larry’s page:

Just got another update on Colton’s status from my niece after testing has come back. Please bare with me on some of the wording, as it is alittle confusing to me with terminology and such; so I am going to try and put it simple wording , as best as possible. Testing has confirmed that the cancer has NOT made it’s way to his lungs ! But unfortunately has found it’s way into both his stomach and bladder. There concern now is that it may have infected his bone marrow. He is scheduled to have a full body bone scan Monday morning and that will determine if it has found it’s way to the bone marrow. He will begin rapid chemo treatments, and will be hospitalized for at least 6 weeks during these treatments. They are suggesting to also try and do surgeries in between treatments o try and remove small portions at a time of the cancer. Surely not the news Heather Fischer and Andy Cox, or any of us were hoping to hear; especially “Mini-Man” Colton. But this boy is a fighter, and with all the support and love so many of you have been pouring out to him and his family, he will fight and defeat this terrible disease once again !

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Just wanted to check in and see if the package i sent arrived.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.