Planer boards

• jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Well, after of weekend of trolling walleyes (in Iowa) I have discovered my 20 plus year old off shore boards are in need of replacing. The foam is missing parts, the snaps are weak, one snap broke in my hand, etc. I am going to replace them instead of repair and wondering if there is something I should know about before just ordering another set of offshore boards. These have served me well, but if there is something better, or just as good for less $$ I am all ears! Thanks in advance.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Not a lot of variability of different planer boards in my opinion. I think the yellow offshore ones are a little more robust than other competitors in terms of running smooth in waves, running smooth with heavy resistance from your lure/line/weights, and overall durability over the years.

An advantage to the orange church walleye boards is that you won’t loose the board if it becomes unclipped as the board will just slide back to the lure.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I was in scheels today and wound up buying their house brand boards. Have tattle flags and were 22 bucks each. I was shocked at the price of the offshore ones, and figured I will try these out, but if the suck, I will be ordering from franks. At the store I was at the boards were 40 each and then had to spend more for that tattle flags. I have not had tattle flags before, so I will see if I like them, but not wure why I would not.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.