Piscfun ICX inline reels

• Don Wirsing

On the mailing list for Piscifun and they have buy one get one reel offer. I bought the Precision inline year or two ago and it’s junk. I like the feel and concept of the reel but you have to crank the drag all the way down to get the reel to engage with any load on it. Did I just get a lemon or are they any good?

CaptainMusky

You got a lemon. I have 3 of them and they are all fantastic. Better drag than comparable brands and I’ve had them. I gave them away I hated them so much.

Hookset
    Southern MN

I’m getting rid of my fish 13 inlines for three more of them

broeker
    Minneapolis, MN

It’s funny. I always assumed Piscifun was a cheapo knock-off brand for Amazon budget shoppers who didn’t care if their gear would last. But then a few years ago, I bought one of their telescoping travel rods and a reel, and that thing lasted for 3 years of heavy use before I hooked into an an unexpected muskie that shattered it into 3 pieces.

I originally bought it to keep in the car or backpack so i could bring a rod on family outings or just anywhere, but it quickly became my Ned rig rod. My pb largemouth was caught on that dang rod, along with many stream trout in northern mn, a brown trout in MT, rock bass from Bayfield, and god know what else.

I now own 3 of them and bring them all whenever I travel with my daughters so we can all join in the fun. On my first post-Covid business-related trip, imagine my colleagues surprise when I pulled 2 rods out of my backpack so we could throw some chatter baits into the Willamette river in downtown Portland.

Great brand on par with Daiwa/Abu Garcia etc. and I’ll have to check out their ice gear.

Don Wirsing

Love the spinning reels. Bought 2 of the carbon ICX, so getting 4, which ends up 35$ a reel so even if they end up crappie slip bobber rigs won’t be out much.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Bought a few Flame 500’s for the grandkids…..work great and no issues.

Pete

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

The Frost are my favorites. The Carbon is nice but I don’t like the location of the trigger.

The fly rods and reels are a bargain too.

Their little backpack is my work bag and I really like it.

CaptainMusky

I have 3 carbons and 1 of the original ones without the magnetic spool control. Love them all. I dont mind the location of the trigger on the carbons at all I find it easy to use. I have not however tried a carbon to know the difference, but I see that has a much slower retrieve speed which I dont think I would like.

Tom Rawlyk

I use the carbon x 3000 size for lake trout on Superior on two different rods and 1000 size for a finesse setup for schools of herring and coho that come through, both have braid and run amazing. I’ve hooked up with some decent lakers and other fish on the carbon x and it’s performed just as well as my Nasci – for the price point, some of Piscifun’s reels really are amazing. I’ve seen the ICX when browsing their website, I might have to buy one for late ice or next season…

milemark_714

With the ICX Precision,clean out the factory grease and they work excellent.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Where is the 1-1 deal?

Don Wirsing

1-1 deal was a link through email. If you went to the site was just the normal sale. Think its over now.

CaptainMusky

1-1 deal was a link through email. If you went to the site was just the normal sale. Think its over now.

Like I said. I had emails and whatnot but checked lately and it was gone.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Ordering ICX Frost soon. Good reel for walleyes?

CaptainMusky

Ordering ICX Frost soon. Good reel for walleyes?

Love the regular icx for walleyes cannot see why the frost wouldn’t be great as well. Very good drag and super smooth. I’ve been having a battle with the 2 new ones because I either didn’t spool the line tight enough or put too much on and its been getting behind the spool causing a mess. I think I have it under control now that I’ve used it more seems straightened out.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I just bought some of their short on the BOGO deal thru the email link. The Frost reels that are left are righties.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

I got an Amazon Prime Price of $50 on the Frost. It will be here Wednesday.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Well, it’s a little grindy and the spool won’t come off.

Ryan Overson

Yeah, I couldn’t get my spool off either, even though their video makes it look easy peasy. I had to use a bit of enginuity to spool the line.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

Emailed customer service. We’ll see. It just doesn’t feel good.

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

I used a forceps and the spool came right off.

Tlazer

Just checked Amazon and ordered a ICX Frost. Hope it is as good as everyone says it is. They have a deal on the red ones for another 5 hours today. Price was $33.99 but at that price you can only buy 1. Think you can buy more in the white or additional red color for$39.99.

Hookset
    Southern MN

Thanks for the heads up, I put my order in!

kayl

I bought the cheap one and a frost and do not care for either compared to my 13 fishing freefalls. The cheapest piscifun has the spool on the right side, so I can feather it with my pinky, but the release trigger is way off to the left. The frost has the trigger where it should be, but the spool is on the left side, so you can’t feather as easily. I will give them another trip, but I don’t think I’m keeping them, for the price, I’d rather spend a little more and get another free fall.

maddogg

The nice thing about Piscfun is they are not afraid to lower their price.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

50% off ice reels right now

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

One day they’re $99.99 & 1/2 off. Sometimes they’re $50-$60. Buy 1 get 1 half off. Set a good price & run with it. All that being said I love my ICX Carbon. Haven’t got line on the Frost yet.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.