People still don't get it!!!!!

• FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Haha. Phil, you can hop in my boat this weekend. Not fishing for silly walleyes though.

That’s ok Rouster. It usually takes at least two pages before someone actually admits that they are not concerned about the effects to the ecosystem.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Haha. Phil, you can hop in my boat this weekend. Not fishing for silly walleyes though.

That’s ok Rouster. It usually takes at least two pages before someone actually admits that they are not concerned about the effects to the ecosystem.

Huh? Just let the stuff spread. No biggee’…Nice fish in your avatar BTW!

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

IT IS SPREADING.

That’s all i’m trying to explain.

It is spreading.
    Laws be as they may. It’s still spreading.
    Visible weeds present or not. It’s still spreading.

So yeah, clean your trailers ….BUT ITS STILL SPREADING.
    Spend MIllions, Billions of dollars…It’s still spreading.

It’s like fricken herpes & horny adesolecents. One thing is for sure…It’ll spread.

Thanks about the fish comment. Caught plenty of those monsters this year.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I am going to add an opinion to this thread, even though phil is single handidly taking out the bad buys in his subaru.

we have to remember the only people we can change is ourselves. If we choose to not follow the rules, the little thing called a fine will bite us and hope to cause us enough damage that we look at how we do things. I have never been affended or have gotten upset when i owned my boat and someone pointed out extra weeds on my trailer. I would just take them off and clean my trailer the best I could.

As far as my position on the invasive species, I think if we all took an ounce of prevention we would help control the spread, remember that if we educate and not try to dictate it will go alot further.

so keep up the good work phil, I will be back up if needed.

shane

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

This thread was probably not a great use of my time. I’m just going to go back to posting sturgeon pictures. Updates Friday.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Phils post made the AIS stick fall out from my butt from laughing so hard.

Seriously if there was an IDO post hall of fame, that’s a nominee.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

FBRM, if you came to this thread thinking you were going to change anyone’s mind that posted here…. we need to talk…in a boat.

The only minds you/we will influence are the folks that have an open mind and haven’t decided one way or another.

I’m a flat earther, only think of the border waters…with a closed mind…laughing at the state of MN over the no cull rules. ;)

(Dang it, Vern left the building)

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

To this date, that In-Fisherman article would be the best and most informative I’ve read yet concerning invasive species and the fines that could be levied against boaters.
    More than likely, I won’t be going fishing with my boat in Minnesota as long as these laws are in effect.
    Sorry!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Brian, you used to be such a friendly, non-controversial moderator of this website. You almost always diffused arguments instead of making them. Now you’re all anti-AIS regulation, which is a subject that reasonable fisherman can disagree on, and using this website to make your arguments. I want the old Brian back.

PB2

PB2

So now we have added turtles to the already hilarious, birds spread AIS more than humans notion.
    And now we are spending billions.
    LMAO!

redrnger

While I try to clean my boat as mush as possable, when you pull a boat out at a ramp the weeds are going to be caught between the boat bunks and rollers and no amount of pulling are going to remove them.They are there until you remove the boat from the trailer.They are going to have to put something at the ramps to lift the boats off the trailers to remove all the weeds.So even though your removing the weeds you see your still carrying them when you leave and are no better than anyone else.There just out of your site.Mute arggumant….

desperado

it doesn’t matter what the law is if people don’t respect them
    and people won’t respect them if they are ridiculous (or even perceived to be so)

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

dfg

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

What is ironic about many of the comments about the AIS laws not being effective, is that the Lakeshore associations also share your impressions. And this is why they want and may likely get even stricter regulations. So please keep pointing out the flaws. All of the comments about how this isn’t stopping the spread and it is useless to clean ones boat, strengthens the argument for 100% boat cleaning after every use, 100% restrictions on using boats in certain waters and 100% manned ramp inspections. So, rather then take the rules and laws to this extreme, legislators enacted a broad set of rules. Knowing that most Minnesotans can’t distinguish between Northern Milfoil and Eurasion, they went with remove all weeds. Rather then needing microscopes at every checkpoint to check for zebra mussel viligars, they made a rule that you drain as much water as it is realistic to do. The intent is to slow the spread, nobody thinks it will stop it 100%, not the legislature, the DNR or anglers. So, keep siding with the lakeshore folks who also think it can be stopped 100% and keep belittling the effort. Me, I’m still working toward slowing the spread; even if the rules aren’t foolproof.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Buzz, you hit on exactly what every flat earther fears, more stringent laws and complete shutdown of public landings.

The problem is that this is already happening. Christmas lake is now now closed to the public, and this happened regardless of the useless laws you support.

Oh and let’s not get starred on inspections at Christmas lake.

desperado

give a group of greedy monkeybutts a little bit of what they desire now so they won’t want/demand more later?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Brian, you used to be such a friendly, non-controversial moderator of this website. You almost always diffused arguments instead of making them. Now you’re all anti-AIS regulation, which is a subject that reasonable fisherman can disagree on, and using this website to make your arguments. I want the old Brian back.

Lost me at “which is a subject that reasonable fisherman can disagree on”.

I would start a new thread to pursue this topic. )

desperado

He is gettin’ a bit curmudgeonly in his old age … but ya cut him a little slack now that he’s a grampa <– it’s a universal man law ya know

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

wow what a read.

This flat earther believes the REAL PROBLEM is not the regs or invasives themselves, but the perceived notion and constant reinforcement by influential outlets that they are bad.

Sure I’ll concede they clog up intakes and become a nuisance to swimmers and structures that sit in the water a lot, but is all that worth the hubub?

I don’t think so.

Why is your proof they are bad better then my proof they aren’t?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

The problem is that this is already happening. Christmas lake is now now closed to the public, and this happened regardless of the useless laws you support.

If I were in the camp of anti AIS everything, Xmas lake is the last thing I’d want. Its ONE lake out of how many do we have here in MN that’s been shutdown, again one. It’s an experiment that they are going to try and do to eradicate the zeebs. After its miserable failure there will be plenty of ground to stand that some of the laws are useless, which some in the DNR might actually find a relief.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As an outsider all along (I didn’t have a boat in MN) its really clear to me that this issue is so polarizing that a lot of the “arguments” people bring up is just rhetoric.

On one side you have people who say wildlife spreads them 100X more than people, act as if every AIS law is a time consuming chore that ruins fishing and say who cares it doesn’t hurt anything.

On the other side you have people who think closing down public accesses, forcing people to spray down their boats, pulling them over on the side of the road, buying and applying extra stickers and making people put bait they want to save in tap water that has been certified clean by the DNR.

I suppose y’all are the same people who complain about gridlock in DC?

Just look at how far 3 pages that started about witnessing a couple of people who blatantly just don’t care about spreading AIS has gone. You guys do realize that the original post was about a couple of morons who are extremely ignorant or who are too selfish to care dragging weeds on their axle? Would you maybe care a little more if he also witnessed them with a cooler full of 100 walleye, 500 10″ bluegill, 12 40#+ flathead and 24 40″+ Musky?

Back to the original post. Just remember, as long as the DNR continues to see trailers like that, you have zero chance of the laws being relaxed.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

exactly pug, people see stupid stuff and people who disobey the rules of owning a boat and dont care if they have the weeds on thier trailer. for the more serious angler or the ones that enjoy the sport and do everything that they can to slow down the spread are usually the ones that are having to open thier wallets. the occasional weekend warriors are the ones that are getting away with breaking the rules. I think there is some rules that need to be written better to help support the efforts of keeping launches and accesses cleaner so you don’t end up with 100 pounds of weeds on your trailer. but it comes down to the responsibility of the boat owners themselves to take the time to care enough about tommarow to stop and take them weeds off thier trailers.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m just saying (again) “no one can comply with the laws” if they put their boat in the water…or it gets rained in, we are breaking the law.

That and the law assumes we are guilty because there’s water in our boats. That’s wrong.

That would be like giving me a ticket because I have plastic baggies in my truck that “could” hold drugs.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

I’m just saying (again) “no one can comply with the laws” if they put their boat in the water…or it gets rained in, we are breaking the law.

That and the law assumes we are guilty because there’s water in our boats. That’s wrong.

That would be like giving me a ticket because I have plastic baggies in my truck that “could” hold drugs.

Really? Brian you need to run for office. If you really believe that you will get ticketed for what you just said than do something about it. We all drive 56MPH in a 55MPH zone and none of us get ticketed for it. Your too far Right for my logic…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>

Really? Brian you need to run for office. If you really believe that you will get ticketed for what you just said than do something about it. We all drive 56MPH in a 55MPH zone and none of us get ticketed for it. Your too far Right for my logic…

It’s not that you would get a ticket for driving 56mph. It’s that you COULD. If the law is on the books it’s open to interpretation. His point is if it’s a bad law why is it on the books.

I’m out, this subject is a waste of time in the same way as a Ford vs Chevy debate. Everybody views things their own way.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Not only do I believe it, but I know a fella first hand that was cleared by inspectors and then received a ticket for transporting water.

It’s in black and white and THEN left up to the CO.

Always accepting write in votes btw.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

You just nailed what the debate is…”IF” it is a bad law. I personlly think it is a good law (as others do also…) and some think it sucks (and thats OK…). On to some fall time walleye fishing and hoping we get some orange feet on top of our decoys. We are in October the best time of the year! As our fine ex Viking coach Mike Tice once said…”Enjoy the season!”…RR

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

LOL, I didn’t say “if”. I said the law was broke.

Catch a few good eyes Roust!

Cold is only a state of mind. -Bud Grant

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

LOL, I didn’t say “if”. I said the law was broke.

Catch a few good eyes Roust!

Cold is only a state of mind. -Bud Grant

(I was referring to Dutchboy’s “IF” it’s a bad law…) Awesome quote from Bud! I hope the boys remember that when we play in December at TCF Bank stadium…RR

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 175 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.