people crowding your hole

• Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I hate that people put permanent on a piece of structure, then don’t come out to it more than once or twice an ice season. I find good walleye spots, then they see me catching them and bam, the rock ledge I was on is now covered by 2 or 3 permanent ice houses that never have anyone in them. I’m not allowed to rope off my summer fishing spots to keep people out, am I? If people are fishing them, great, but when most I see go untouched for 2 weeks at a time, go park it in a parking lot.

It’s a shame when this happens. I have a quiet spot on Indian Point that is just on fire half the time. I made the mistake of leaving about a dozen dead, ripped up suckers next to a tip-up hole on a trip in Mid-Dec when people were just starting to drive out there. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was watching me with binoculars, because I was all by my lonesome on an area that I found with Side Imaging that doesn’t show up on any map. It’s actually a single rock the size of a mini van near a break that was getting hit routinely by the Bassmaster Elites during the two championships up there.

A couple days later I come and there’s a large perm house right over that spot. I’ve been back multiple times and have never seen anyone fishing it, nor have I seen any foot tracks around it or vehicle tracks going to/from. There was a snow drift halfway up the door a few days ago. Last thing I want to do is fish anywhere near a permanent house. I know how that looks to most permanent house owners. If I drill nearby and water comes up and freezes the house in, then I’m the jerk.

Bigwalleye30
    MN

That is the difficult part of this conversation when there are permanent shacks that are rarely fished out of. If you fish right by them, a lot of them will get ticked, but at the same time they aren’t out fishing. Luckily with the big transition to ice castle type houses is there are getting to be less and less houses that are left for long periods of time where I fish, so if you’re the early bird you can get to a lot of the spots you want to before anyone else.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’m a avid fisherman, I go at least 4 to 5 days a week. And you can bet money i have my vortex binos on the dash of my truck at any given moment. But i still wouldn’t crowd any one. But I do take a million mental notes

I too fish 4 to 5 times a week and that’s why it’s so upsetting. I’m sure you get it, but when you spend time learning fish movement patterns and habits and are able to find a quality spot away from people to have it taken by an onlooker is quite bothersome. Especially after fishing this new sweet spot only once.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    I’m a avid fisherman, I go at least 4 to 5 days a week. And you can bet money i have my vortex binos on the dash of my truck at any given moment. But i still wouldn’t crowd any one. But I do take a million mental notes

I too fish 4 to 5 times a week and that’s why it’s so upsetting. I’m sure you get it, but when you spend time learning fish movement patterns and habits and are able to find a quality spot away from people to have it taken by an onlooker is quite bothersome. Especially after fishing this new sweet spot only once.

Yes I completely agree with you. It’s so frustrating. And to not only lose the spot but then have a yapper take it and tell all. I do lots of scouting and try to keep out of the crowd and fish unfished parts of the lake, I can’t stand the lazy guy who wants to come and watch me and snatch a spot because he had seen me catching fish. My local lakes are really bad. I fish between rush and chisago and ever spot between. I get frustrated when people follow me and spot jack me. But I tend to speak my mind and let them know how I feel

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.