Peacock Bass Fishing (Video)

• Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

The Peacock Bass has been on my fishing bucket list since I first saw a picture of one when I was in elementary school. I don’t think I’ll make it to the Amazon anytime soon so when our Florida vacation was booked I made it a point to get to SE Florida and chase these beautiful specimens! For our adventure we went out near Miami, FL with local guide Captain Scott Rose. He shared a lot of information about this unique fishery and put us on both numbers and quality fish. Our Biggest 5 weighed in at 20.5lbs! This trip was something I won’t soon forget.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Cool video. I wish I had them around here, they seem like really cool fish.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Thanks for sharing! I’m about 1 month out from scratching that one off my list too. I’m hoping anyway! peace

c_w
    central MN

Looks like a great time!

The boy and myself will be down there in a little over a week.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Cool video. I wish I had them around here, they seem like really cool fish.

I wish we did as well! Those things fight harder than the Green and Brown bass I’m used to catching. Such unique colorations on every fish too.

Thanks for sharing! I’m about 1 month out from scratching that one off my list too. I’m hoping anyway! peace

Are you?? Awesome! Good luck, they are a ton of fun. What surprised me about the fishery in SE Florida is that it is mostly live bait (Shiners). There are so many fish in those channels that the Peacock’s won’t chase a bait for long. I guess they can be caught on the fly but your casts needs to be very accurate and your hookset quick because they spit the flies fast. Our guide said artificials could be done but you’re going to spend all day to maybe catch a few fish.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Looks like a great time!

The boy and myself will be down there in a little over a week.

Nice!! Where in Florida are you headed? At the end of March my Wife and I are going to Marco Island for a week of relaxing (and fishing woot ).

Rod Bent

Great video! The guide was outstanding.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Great video! The guide was outstanding.

He definitely knew his stuff! He was originally from the East Coast so he was pretty blunt at times if you missed your mark on the cast to a bedding fish or did something wrong but recognized that early on and we didn’t take offense. He meant well and wanted you to catch every big fish we saw.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.