Passports

• snelson223
    Austin MN

How fast can you get passport and what do you need to have to get it?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Have a very irresponsible friend who waited until the week before a trip out of the country to check to see if he had his passport. Only way to get one that fast was to drive to Chicago and pay about $300 for a same day passport.

MnPat1

Minneapolis passport agency is is the fastest possible. 4 days last time. You can get one faster in emergency situations

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

i think normal wait times are around 4-6 weeks. Need an application filled out, photo ID, Birth Certificate, any records pertaining to and any name changes, and you will need passport photos. some places can take photos and some cant.

as others have stated there are ways to get them faster if needed.

https://www.usps.com/international/passports.htm

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The wife is sending off paperwork tomorrow. Hope there aren’t any issues with her paperwork. Hers hadn’t expired, but she needs to do the name change. She paid $60 to expedite it to 2-3 weeks.

She’s leaving me for 4 days in the Turks and Caicos for a ladies trip flame

candofish
    Turtle Lake wi

We just renewed ours and it took 4 weeks at the regular application and not at the expedited application. We had our pictures and paper work filled out at the post office and they mailed it the same day.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Minneapolis passport agency is is the fastest possible. 4 days last time. You can get one faster in emergency situations

X2. One thing to note is you will pay a premium for an expedited passport.

big_g
    Isle, MN

my nephew got one in 2 days, went to minneapolis and was fed ex’d the next day to him.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Here’s what not to do:
    Leave a folder containing your wife’s application, original birth certificate, expired passport, and photos laying around, ready to be misplaced. Don’t ask how I know. doah

snelson223
    Austin MN

Thanks for the responses. We had a good friend pass away who lives in Australia and my mom wanted to go there for the funeral. It’s not going to be able to happen in a short period of time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.