One eyes

• monkeymaster

Hello,
    I fish pool 11, water is usually stained to very stained.
    I made some 1/2 and 3/4 Oz one eyes, have them painted, and in the process of adding the hooks.
    Is the small willow leaf blade usefull in the depths of murky water?
    Really can’t see where it would add any flash in the water pool 11 has, especially at the bottom where you jig.
    Lastly, what color is your goto color ?
    Thanks

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’d pass on the willow leaf blade and epoxy a rattle to one side of the baits. Sound will get noticed in the dark and cloudy water of spring better than flash.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I worked up a few this winter also. Most have hair tied to the treble now. Some have small blades.

This photo was just round 1 of painting and adding hooks. So the hair and blades not shown

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20180106143346415.jpg

monkeymaster

Thanks guys,
    I was thinking maybe the blade was more of a rattle than flash in the murkey water, and I do have rattles,
    So I will probably do a few of both.
    What may I ask is your go to color, and weight.
    I have 1/2 and 3/4 Oz .
    Thanks

Attachments:
    1. 20180331_073205.jpg

rubberduck
    east bethel

Curious….What are these used for?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

They are Casting/pitching spoons. Can be used for anything that’ll bite

Attachments:
    1. CameraZOOM-20180329140243680.jpg

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I have used 1/8,1/4 and 1/2 oz plenty a times on Pool 4 with success and always used with the blade but I remove the top hook and sometimes I will use a gold blade instead of the silver !

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I have used 1/8,1/4 and 1/2 oz plenty a times on Pool 4 with success and always used with the blade but I remove the top hook and sometimes I will use a gold blade instead of the silver !

One Eyes??? Hmmmm Never heard of them… ) )

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>trumar wrote:</div>

One Eyes??? Hmmmm Never heard of them… ) )

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

monkeymaster

You say to remove the top treble hook,
    I suppose this is too prevent it from snagging your main line ?

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

You say to remove the top treble hook,
    I suppose this is too prevent it from snagging your main line ?

Actually I was just kidding my ole buddy Trumar… I have caught probably hundreds of P-4 eyes and sauger on one eyes… I seek out hard bottom spots and “bang” them on the bottom, lift a bit, hold for a few secs then wiggle like a drop shot for bass… repeat… Most of the time they pin the one eye to the bottom much like they do with a blade. I have caught some on the upper treble but most on the bottom.
    I use a low stretch 4-6# copolymer (Gamma HV Gold or Sufix Siege HV Orange) to fish them because those tiny #12 trebles can tear out easy with braid. Also a soft tipped light action rod like a St Croix AVS 70L…This chunky girl fell for a clown one-eye )

Attachments:
    1. IMGP1191.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.