Fun day on the perch.

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Yesterday afternoon Cole,Austin, and myself fished the perch bite on West Okoboji.The reason I’m not putting a fishing report up is that something happened to my digital and all the pics were gone this morning when I went to post the report.
    We started on East and caught some eyes and white bass but the boys wanted some perch so over to West we went.We anchored in 9′ of water and got into them for a few hours.It was alot of fun to watch the boys jigging and connecting on the hook sets.Every 15 minutes or so we would have fish under us and they were very active.Although the biggest perch was at the 10.5″ range we caught alot from 8-10″‘s.We also manage a few small largemouth,walleyes,and 4 big bull gills.We kept and cleaned enough for a meal for the boys as they love to eat deep fat fried panfish in Zatarins.
    We used Pilkies tipped with a grub for the presentation.We also picked up a few perch on a slip-bobber/minnow.
    Is there anything better watching your boys or girls catching fish and a cool fall afternoon.I love to fish this time of year.
    We all love to fish and harvest our catches but lets leave a few for future generations to enjoy.
    Ryan Hale

emover
    Malcom, IA

Ryan
    You’re absolutely right, nothing better than watching your kids catch fish, fall or any other time. Mine are in their 20’s now, but it’s still a kick! Sounds like you and the kids had a great time.
    dave

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Back on the water yesterday but the bite was very slow.We pulled cranks over the weeds and out in the deep open water with no luck.We did get into a few perch and gills in 8′ of water in the weeds but alot slower than last week.Had temps of 61 when we were on East yesterday so slowly there starting to go down.
    Highlight of the day was watching our Golden Retriever Tucker slipping on the side of the boat and taking a dive into the lake.He did a couple of victory laps around the boat before we got him back in.Ever lift 90#’s of wet dog over the side of the boat?
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.