Okoboji Walleye Fishing 05-05-04

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Took my son, Brendan to the lakes Wednesday for a little walleye fishing. We had to hide from the wind but managed to do okay. We landed about 30 walleye and few crappie. All they walleye were under the 14″ minimum except the 22.5 incher, and she went back in the lake of course. We were using jig/minnow or jig/berkley power minnow. The larger walleye hit that Berkley 3″ Power Minnow HARD. Had a great time with my boy and can’t wait to do it again!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Guys, sorry the pics are all screwy. I’ll try to fix it later.

By the way, I need to give credit to my bud Ryan Hale for helping me learn the Iowa great lakes better. Thanks Ryan!

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Awesome photos! Don’t worry about the size, they look great!
    Dave

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Wade, looks like you guys had fun. Its my understanding that Ryan started up a new guide business. Do you know how people can contact him for a guide trip? [phone number, etc] Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Bill, That’s correct. Ryan is now a part-time fishing guide for Okoboji and Spirit Lake. His phone is (712) 446-3604 and his website is http://www.ryanhale.jollyannsales.com (He’s sharing some of my web space at this time but we’ll be getting his own space if things go well). Bill, if you know anyone looking for a guide down our way have them give Ryan a call. Thanks!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I think I’ve got these pics fixed. Let’s see…

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Okay, that’s better. Now you can at least see the pics on the screen properly. Sorry about the HUGE images. I had to learn how to use this new digital camera. I guess I’m a little slow!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.