Non Controversial Covid ?

• Iowaboy1

we were given two choices, yes, or no.
    I dont give a damn how you judge me but I will say with certainty.
    NO!!

Continue the division of the flock……..

B-man

I understand some won’t test or don’t think it is necessary, but what is the harm in testing if that is what it takes to get together with family for Christmas?

If they were more accurate I’d agree.

From my own personal experience it’s a false sense of security.

I woke up feeling crappy one Saturday with cold/flu/Covid symptoms and went in for a rapid test that morning (I had to take one anyway to get into a concert)

Got a negative result. Just a run-of-the-mill cold….or so I thought.

I hung out with my family and a friend with his wife later the same day (Saturday PM) and attended the concert with a “cold.”

The next morning (Sunday) I broke out in a fever.

A few days later all my close contacts I was around Saturday got Covid from me….when I was “negative”.

Who knows how many people I gave it to at the concert and in the bar/restaurant??

Lesson learned.

Iowaboy1

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MX1825 wrote:</div>
    I understand some won’t test or don’t think it is necessary, but what is the harm in testing if that is what it takes to get together with family for Christmas?

If they were more accurate I’d agree.

From my own personal experience it’s a false sense of security.

I felt crappy one day with cold/flu/Covid symptoms and went in for a rapid test.

I hung out with my family and a friend with his wife the same day. The day after that I broke out in a fever and tested positive the next day.

Everyone I was around the day of my first test got Covid from me….when I was “negative”.

Lesson learned.

That sucks B-Man, hope you recover very soon!!
    Just today a customer came in who has lost both legs beneath the knees due to diabetes, two months ago he had the shot, three weeks ago he got the booster and a flu shot as recommended.
    Ever since then he has been sicker than hell and the doctors cannot arrest the fevers, chills, kidneys that are not working right, ( taking a leak maybe once in a twenty four hour day ) feeling like he has been ran over, etc.

If you will as a group, will you please pray for Tony??

B-man

Thanks Bearcat. We’re good, this happened a few months ago.

Wishing Tony the best!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Well, this went to hell in a hurry. Time for the mods to blow it up.

stout93
    Becker MN

This about says it all. People testing positive, but not sick are flooding Emergency rooms…Covid mental illness is now a downstream affect on the masses..

“The emergency department at the Rutland Regional Medical Center has been overwhelmed with asymptomatic folks.”

JEREMY
    BP

Dont they say you are usually sick a few days before you test positive? People were dropping like flies at my work for a few weeks. Somehow i thought i got lucky and didnt get it. Last saturday started feeling like crap. Tested sunday was negative. Monday had terrible headache and chills. Tuesday felt like my eyeballs were gonna pop out of my head tested negative. Wednesday same eye pain and chills. Thursday just chills. Friday got tested before going to christmas and was positive. Try telling a 4 and 5 year old they dont get to go to grandmas for christmas. My 5 year old you could see she was bummed but she said its ok dad its not your fault i just want you to get better. Almost brings a tear to my eye just typing it.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

With the quick test, who knows what happens but I would think a RT-PCR would be positive before any symptoms as that amplifies the number quite a bit. I heard each PCR cycle doubles the amount of genetic material and if they run up to 20 cycles…10 cycles would be over 500x

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

There are only so many regular posters on here, and we all know their stance by now.

Why even ask?

Because your obsessed with judging people? Condemning people?
    You’re hoping someone says something to set this whole thing ablaze?

In any case, you’re in luck because no one here can pass up a petty argument.

Umy
    South Metro

No, I’m with Bearcat, Suzuki and Supercat.
    Never gonna happen in our household.
    Besides, I have 5 sisters and 15-20 little ones running around they bring if sick anyways……. It’s the flu, cold or COVID.
    Had them all already so…….

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

Dont they say you are usually sick a few days before you test positive? People were dropping like flies at my work for a few weeks. Somehow i thought i got lucky and didnt get it. Last saturday started feeling like crap. Tested sunday was negative. Monday had terrible headache and chills. Tuesday felt like my eyeballs were gonna pop out of my head tested negative. Wednesday same eye pain and chills. Thursday just chills. Friday got tested before going to christmas and was positive. Try telling a 4 and 5 year old they dont get to go to grandmas for christmas. My 5 year old you could see she was bummed but she said its ok dad its not your fault i just want you to get better. Almost brings a tear to my eye just typing it.

Yeah that’s kinda my point.

It doesn’t matter if you have positive or negative results.

Symptoms or no symptoms.

Vaccine or no vaccine.

You’re going to get it, carry it, or you already had it.

Your age, health, vaccination status (especially for older or unhealthy people), and available healthcare will determine if you live or not.

Remember that regardless of the above, the population as a whole still has a very high survival rate.

The only way to never contract or transmit Covid is to literally hide in your basement by yourself…..like forever…which sounds extremely depressing. At that point your biggest fear would be suicide from lack of human interaction, not a virus with a high rate of survival.

These weaker strains that are coming out are the best thing that’s happened since all this started.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The only way to never contract or transmit Covid is to literally hide in you basement by yourself…..like forever…which sounds extremely depressing. At that point your biggest fear would be suicide from lack of human interaction, not a virus with a high rate of survival.

That actually doesn’t sound so bad. Most of the time my life is better off when I avoid other people. Seems like the more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

The State ran testing site in Brooklyn Center yesterday was getting 16% positivity rate out of the 1000’s of people that tested yesterday.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The State ran testing site in Brooklyn Center yesterday was getting 16% positivity rate out of the 1000’s of people that tested yesterday.

Better hide inside and shut the state down

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The only way to never contract or transmit Covid is to literally hide in your basement by yourself…..like forever…which sounds extremely depressing. At that point your biggest fear would be suicide from lack of human interaction, not a virus with a high rate of survival.

Even that is iffy, my wife got Covid last year while 7 months pregnant, she had been working from home and only had contact with myself, our son and my MIL, none of whom tested positive ever. We all got tested twice, once after she was diagnosed, and again at the end of our quarantine. Now my son’s daycare had a kid test positive, so his whole class is shut down for the week, even though none of them had contact with the + kid since the 22nd. Testing should be available everywhere and for “free”, but it’s not and as Bearcat stated it’s not fool proof either. I had a slight cold going into Christmas, so my wife had to go to a few Walgreen’s to find a test, and only got one bc she saw they had 2 behind the counter. Thankfully that was negative as well, and we had a wonderful Christmas as planned.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Your killing grandma

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Right now they don’t offer treatments if you test positive so I see no point in finding out.

I share this sentiment Suzuki.

I was sick with a head cold Monday/ Tues/ Wed, feeling better thurs, even better fri. I disclosed this information to my family and asked if they wanted me to stay home. They did not.

I’ve also had COVID already, and believe I had it very early in 2020 prior to testing being available (diagnosed with mysterious acute viral respiratory pneumonia after wife returned from business in SE Asia). I’m as likely to spread it as any vaccinated person based on the data I’ve seen.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Better hide inside and shut the state down

Just 2 more weeks!

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Flatten the curve, round the corner..

Increased testing more positive cases weird… smash just wait till everyone gets there “free” test and there’s 250,000 new cases…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I see people lined up to take THE test on the news. LOSERS. That’s what I see.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Alright can this echo chamber calm down a little bit? Do you realize you just saw some random people on the news making their own adult decisions and you ran to a fishing website (used to be anyway) to call these anonymous people you’ll never see face to face losers?

MX1825

Everyone has the option to vaccinate, get the booster, and/or get tested. Or not do any of those. Everyone can do whatever they want.
    Why what the next person does bothers anyone is a mystery to me.

Now where are the fish biting?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I see people lined up to take THE test on the news. LOSERS. That’s what I see.

I have to assume a good percentage of those people chose to not get the shot and need to test negative to go to work or travel. Or in some states like NY, to get a seat in a restaurant or show.

-J.

jeff becker

My son in law works at a facility that requires he be tested each week. He and the rest of the family have been vaccinated. My daughter and him both had the booster shots. The 2 kids didnt. He was tested 90 times so far. All negative. Just before coming to our place for xmas he got a call he tested positive. No symptoms at all. I went to a Walgreens and got the in home test for all 4 of them. All of the tests were negative. The next day they went to a drive thru testing sight and had the pcr test. Both him and his daughter tested positive
    for covid. She had a runny nose for her only symptom. The in home test was 50% correct.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My son in law works at a facility that requires he be tested each week. He and the rest of the family have been vaccinated. My daughter and him both had the booster shots. The 2 kids didnt. He was tested 90 times so far. All negative. Just before coming to our place for xmas he got a call he tested positive. No symptoms at all. I went to a Walgreens and got the in home test for all 4 of them. All of the tests were negative. The next day they went to a drive thru testing sight and had the pcr test. Both him and his daughter tested positive
    for covid. She had a runny nose for her only symptom. The in home test was 50% correct.

Or the drive thru test was 50% wrong.

B-man

Isn’t that crazy since breakthrough cases are rare? Those odds must be astronomical….

As for the testing:

My $100 drive-through test was negative when I had obvious cold/flu/Covid symptoms…. 48 hours later (when I was to go back to work) the same facility tested me as positive (for another $100). It was too late…I already gave it to everyone I was around.

So yeah….50/50% from a lab in my experience, and I was out $200 fricken bucks, plus 80 miles on my truck and a couple hours of time.

I should have just drove to the bar and tossed that $200 into a pull tab machine jester

If I would have pulled just one $5 tab I would have been money ahead, and would have had a hell of a lot more fun lol

MnPat1

No to being tested.
    Many people are pushing testing and vaccinations. Nobody is pushing the real cure…… a healthy lifestyle. No really, continue eating complete garbage, load up on energy drinks, soda and never exercise because the vaccine will save you. The only people I know who have had severe symptoms are severely overweight and being kept alive by many different pills.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

a healthy lifestyle. No really, continue eating complete garbage, load up on energy drinks, soda and never exercise because the vaccine will save you. The only people I know who have had severe symptoms are severely overweight and being kept alive by many different pills.

There is definitely some truth to this. Generally the healthier you are, the more likely you are to remain healthy. Everyone should strive to be as healthy as they can regardless of an ongoing pandemic.

Not always the case though. Genetics plays a role. Some people have diabetes or cancer through no fault of their own too. I have acid reflux disease (ongoing heartburn) because its in my family genes. I didn’t develop it because of the lifestyle I chose.

Some people have every day accidents too. They fall out of a deer stand, they get in a car crash, or they have a heart attack. There should be room for people who encounter this in our health care system as well.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

well there is good news!!!!!! devil last night on the news the CDC says now if your not vaxed and get the rona you only need to quarantene 5 days. i may have this wrong but i thought they said if your vaxxed no quarentine????/

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.