Non Controversial Covid ?

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Yes or no is the only answer. Here’s a hopefully NON controversial Covid question. Nobody is going to convince the other side on vaccination. How about testing???? Everyone ready to see grandparents, grandkids, parents, and other close family and friends, did you take a test to see if you were positive or negative? Wife and I got an early Christmas present today with two negative tests. $9.99 each, takes 15 minutes for results. I concede that both sides can get it, carry it and spread it. Simple question, did you get tested?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

yes

Deuces

Simple question, did you care enough to get tested?

LMFAO when folks say don’t take this offensively then say something offensive.

Fwiw I’m a regular taker of at home tests, and your entire post is controversial.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Sorry Mr Beads, I can see how you think that, it’s gone now.

Deuces

Where did you find tests for 9.99?

Binex and the others are $26-30 for me, two kits. Cheaper than my copay

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Got mine at Cub, news said most stores just got them in the last few days. I understand the metro is pretty sold out.

Deuces

Good to know thanks.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

No. What’s the difference about going out in public or going out with family?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

No.

I’m not leaving the bunker and nobody is coming over.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

No. If I’m sick I stay away from other people as my parents taught me. That includes going someplace to get tested. I’ve been sick many times in my life and never tried to find out what strain it was. If persistent I have gone to the doc for meds a couple times.
    Right now they don’t offer treatments if you test positive so I see no point in finding out.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I haven’t felt the slightest bit sick yet to get tested, yet!

Unless you count the times I donated blood and they checked for antibodies.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

No, No, if your worried stay home.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

No. What’s the difference about going out in public or going out with family?

Exactly!!

B-man

No. The rapid tests and at home tests are inaccurate.

On my wife’s side of the family her mom had obvious Covid symptoms and stayed home for Christmas.

On my side of the family, my sister who is over-the-top Covid freaky (she works in HR, which doesn’t help), insisted that everyone in the family take a test before Christmas.

Her request was met with crickets from most of the family (many of whom are vaccinated).

She, her husband and kids didn’t come to Christmas again this year….but it was okay to hang out this summer without anyone testing….???

Everyone in her family is vaccinated except her 4 year old. She’s keeping her away from anyone not willing to take a test…..Except it’s okay for her to go to pre-school with a classroom full of unvaccinated kids and even the unvaccinated teacher lol

Makes sense?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Got mine at Cub, news said most stores just got them in the last few days.

I thought about buying one of those too. They were sitting on the counter at the pharmacy. I read the back of the label on one and it said “not entirely accurate” or something like that so I didn’t buy one.

I got a more accurate PCR test the first week of December and it was positive. Was not a fun week, I will tell you.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

No. The rapid tests and at home tests are inaccurate.

On my wife’s side of the family her mom had obvious Covid symptoms and stayed home for Christmas.

On my side of the family, my sister who is over-the-top Covid freaky (she works in HR, which doesn’t help), insisted that everyone in the family take a test before Christmas.

Her request was met with crickets from most of the family (many of whom are vaccinated).

She, her husband and kids didn’t come to Christmas again this year….but it was okay to hang out this summer without anyone testing….???

Everyone in her family is vaccinated except her 4 year old. She’s keeping her away from anyone not willing to take a test…..Except it’s okay for her to go to pre-school with a classroom full of unvaccinated kids and even the unvaccinated teacher lol

Makes sense?

No logical sense at all, but pretty on par from what I’ve seen and how alot of the things I read on here are

ajw

Stop testing asymptomatic people. Enjoy life. Have a merry Christmas

stout93
    Becker MN

So I understand there are certain reasons to get tested, some mandatory, some for personal reasons (traveling, getting together with family), but why else would one get tested? I haven’t got tested at all during this whole ordeal. I mean, if you’re sick, then don’t you assume you have it?

Maybe it’s just me, but seems weird that alot of folks are obsessed with the whole testing narrative..

walleyevision

My entire family and extended family are vaccinated. We are all getting together tomorrow. My BIL may want us to test…sorry but I refuse, we’re all vaccinated! What’s the point?

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Info only. Cub still had tests an hour ago. I only did the rest because I’ll be around 8 week old twins tomorrow. I’d feel pretty bad if they got sick and I tested + the next day.

castle-rock-clown

Here’s my pre Christmas’s “journey”

23rd tested, negative
    23rd girlfriend at home test both pos
    23rd girlfriend rapid test at pharmacy negative and waiting for pcr test
    24th I’m taking a antigen at home test

Stay tuned for results…

Deuces

Asymptomatic people still carry enough of a viral load to spread, therefore if you’re displaying symptoms or not is irrelevant, since both can spread.

Personally I have some family who are in the demographic at risk. It’s my choice to not give a potentially deadly virus to a certain age and demographic of people I care about, even moreso when in a time where hospital beds are hard to find. Just did one, took maybe 30 seconds to swab and dunk, trimmed my nose hairs and ate a lil leftover crab cake while I waited for my negative result. Time to hit the road to have a delicious drink, be Merry and guilt free.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I see the numbers from Minnesota and vaccine breakthrough cases versus covid reinfections. Just over 10,000 reinfections versus over 125,000 breakthrough cases and 938 breakthrough deaths. I don’t think the data means much without other info

MX1825

I understand some won’t test or don’t think it is necessary, but what is the harm in testing if that is what it takes to get together with family for Christmas? Isn’t family more important that a test if that makes some people more comfortable in getting together?

walleyevision

In my case I see no need to test if we’re all vaccinated. If some weren’t, I’d see the point.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I understand some won’t test or don’t think it is necessary, but what is the harm in testing if that is what it takes to get together with family for Christmas? Isn’t family more important that a test if that makes some people more comfortable in getting together?

We all just get together with no test, call us crazy but that’s how our family rolls. It’s like the wild west at my house.

MX1825

wv
    I understand your situation so not necessary in your mind and I agree, but are other members wanting people to test?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.