NEW SITE

• pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

The new site looks great…but is not as user friendly as the old site yet.
    Will we have the options of “first unread post” to take me to the first new post since the last time I was on that thread? “mark all post read” or a delete you own post if you have a double post or you just want to delete it.
    I’m sure this has been asked before, just looking for a possible date.
    Thank you for what you do here fighting the good fight to Keep IDO the best forum out there

Ron

PS: I tried to send this by pm buy kept receiving a error message

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

A major update is right around the corner. Also, you need to be friends to send PM’s now. Send a friend request first. Once accepted, then you can PM as usual.

-J.

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

Jon,Good to know about the updates and how to send pm’s
    Thank you
    Ron

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Jon,Good to know about the updates and how to send pm’s
    Thank you
    Ron

X2 Yes, Thanks Jon, good to know

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Why try to reinvent the wheel? Why not just copy Walleye Central, the site is bulletproof, fast, has hovering, search ability, everything a site could ask for. The content on here is better, especially for ice fishing, but the site at WC is great.

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

And you don’t need to be friends to PM. Just learned that, why? I’m starting to think you need a different company doing this switch with all the problems you’re having. It’s still super slow.

mojogunter

How classy of you to criticize the new website. I’m sure it is much appreciated.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

And you don’t need to be friends to PM. Just learned that, why? I’m starting to think you need a different company doing this switch with all the problems you’re having. It’s still super slow.

Apparently you haven’t met Tina.

sktrwx2200

The new site is just like anything new. Looks all pretty and nice with the new technology, everyone is excited about it. But almost everything that is new, takes few updates to get it right. Give them some time to get it sorted out. Dont go jumping ship because you were comfortable with the old site. Keep an open mind to new things. Having it up and running while they work out kinks is better than having the old site READ ONLY for an extra 3 months. When they pulled the plug on the old site, I didnt know what to do with myself!.

Great Job IDO, on continuing to strive to be ahead of the curve with your online forum and with you TV show.
    -MD

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

A major update is right around the corner. Also, you need to be friends to send PM’s now. Send a friend request first. Once accepted, then you can PM as usual.

-J.

Visitors can expect upgrades to be added to the site every week or two for the next 6 months. And keep the feedback coming. We’re always looking for ways to improve.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We’re always looking for ways to improve.

Put my photo on the top of every page?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Looking at some of those crusty old sites, I can’t stay on them for long. Busy, dated and ugly.

My hope is that once IDO is sorted out it will be every bit as usable as the old site, with the enhancements of fresh articles and other features.

I’m mostly disappointed a Florida forum was not added. :whistle:

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

We’re always looking for ways to improve.

Put my photo on the top of every page?

It pretty much already is. Mr. 50-some-thousand posts.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My hope is that once IDO is sorted out it will be every bit as usable as the old site, with the enhancements of fresh articles and other features.

That’s my hope too. Still a long ways off. Hardly any sub forums have new posts and this General forum hardly cycles through new pages so I also hope the posters come back. Speed is the priority now and I know they are working on it. That problem alone is the biggest deterrent.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How classy of you to criticize the new website. I’m sure it is much appreciated.

Says the guy with the “classy” avatar…

mojogunter

That is classy for white trash folk such as myself.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojogunter wrote:</div>

Says the guy with the “classy” avatar…

Boss Hawg
    Inactive
    Brainerd Lakes Area

Sorry guys, I wasn’t trying to be overly critical. I do know from working on my association site and a few others there are a lot of companies that say I can when they really can’t. I’ve been through some nightmare scenarios before switching companies an wished I had done it a lot sooner. That being said, this site has good content, a great TV show, and lots of good people to get advice from. I’m not a ship jumper, just suggesting a site that really does function well. I realize things will get worked out.

OH, OH who’s Tina? Am I in big trouble?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.