Need floor mats

• chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

The recent snow reminded me that I need to get floor mats for Commander Honeybunch’s car. Local stores only have cheap chitty ones and we plan to keep the car for a while so I’d like to get something a bit nicer. Any suggestions?

Justin Karriker

The better half has a set of Huskys in her Ford Flex. She has four kids, and myself….. The carpet underneath looks new as the day she got the thing.

Spendy but they’ve had whole drinks spilled in them and none of it ever made to the carpet. Melted snow? No problem.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Wife put WeatherTechs in her Terrain and we are very satisfied with them. Also a little spendy but worth the extra.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

the weathertech storage area mat in my wife’s highlander has saved my butt a couple of times now when things I’ve transported have spilled.

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

Either are great products but make sure you get the liners not the mats.
    The liners are a molded tray so you can pull them out and empty them without them
    flexing and dumping everything on the floor.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I like Catch-It for winter use.

mojogunter

I looked at both husky and weather tech when I bought my new truck. I like the new styled husky liners better and they have been great.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Husky has a new liner out that I put in my 2015 Silverado. It is more flexible than the old Husky liners or the Weather tech liners. WT liners seem to pull away from the under dash kick panel on all my vehicles. I love my new Huskies.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Weathertec for me too. Commander Honeybunch, I love it!

WarEagle

If your deciding on anything other then weather tech go into the bathroom and look in the mirror. Once you are there slap yourself as hard as you can. If you are still thinking about something else bang your head off the wall. Hopefully you are thinking right by now. If not, admit yourself to the nearest mental institution or move to Minnesota!

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I just got some weather techs also and they are great! Found them at Cabelas on sale and it’s the best price I could find. Yea Commander honey bunch now that is some funny chit!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

+1 on WeatherTechs. Have had them in both vehicles for years. I’m not sure they really do cost more because Mrs. Grouse’s little spike heels wreck hell with soft rubber floor mats at a prodigious rate, so in the life of a car she’d go through 3-4 sets of floor mats anyway.

Grouse

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I also purchased the weathertech liners for my wife’s Honda Pilot from Cabela’s. No regrets waytogo

Justin Karriker

The weather techs don’t come up as high as the huskys and are a little more thin and flemsy than the huskys, if you’re looking for a difference. We researched and went to people that had both before making out decision. Or should I say she did. Was still $400 for the liners for her flex.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

The recent snow reminded me that I need to get floor mats for Commander Honeybunch’s car. Local stores only have cheap chitty ones and we plan to keep the car for a while so I’d like to get something a bit nicer. Any suggestions?

I made a set for my new truck. Go buy some tight nap water tight carpet and cut to size. I cut them with really high sides and overhang to protect the carpet underneath. Plus I left extra that bends up to create a “shield” to stop junk from falling under the seats (especially in the back with the kids). Then I put just a regular cheapy floor mat down over that. Works great and only set me back $20-$30.

CBMN
    North Metro

I just got some weather techs also and they are great! Found them at Cabelas on sale and it’s the best price I could find.!

I second this approach and have purchased 2 sets of weathertechs this way and have told a few friend to get them this way. Make sure you get the ones made by weather tec as they have a lot of options. They actually ship directly to me from weathertech with a Cabelas sticker put on them. You can even get them for vehicles not on the website by calling in the order. Also wait for them to go on sale or a discount offer if you have the time to wait.

Belive these are the right ones:
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/cabela-s-trailgear-2-floor-liners/1088481.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dfloor%252Bmats%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=floor+mats

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How do you guys with Weathertechs deal with the water after you drag in snow?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Air dry.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just ordered a set!

CBMN
    North Metro

I personally have 2 situations with my vehicles. The truck gets driven less and usually air dries just fine and also drain from the floor mat over the door jam carpet edge and out the bottom of the door if I ever had enough water to make it that far. This works great. My car on the other hand is a big bowl with no where for the water to go. If I have a few days of snowy conditions I may take the mat out and dump it out and rinse it off or wipe up a bit with a rag. Really easy to deal with either way.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.