Mx1825 prop ?

• pale ryder
    NULL

I have a Skeeter MX1825 with a 150 Yamaha 4-stroke mounted 1 hole down from the highest position and a 13 3/4″ dia. 19 pitch Reliance prop.
    I am getting 47-48 mph at 5600-5700 rpm, trimmed out ~90%. Idle speed is 2.7-2.9 mph.
    I am happy with the performance I am getting, but i think that since It has a max recommended rpm of 6000, I might be happier with a 17 or 18 pitch. I don’t expect to gain top speed but a lower idle speed would be nice.
    I was hoping to get some advice from anyone who has run a 17 or 18 pitch.
    Which prop do you recommend ?
    Pitch ? diameter ?
    3 or 4 blade ?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Thank you.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I may suggest to have a yamaha dealer take a look at it. That boat with a 150 should troll down to 2mph give or take. It’s hard to tell with an anolog tach but your idle rpms so be about 6-700 rpms.
    Going to a smaller pitch prop should actually increase your trolling speeds.
    I would say we have done 50/50 between the relience 19 pitch and 18 pitch solely based on the load they plan on carrying.

Zach H

Eric, since the max recommended rpm is at 6000 for the 150, what would be the max rpm you would want to run the 200 hpdi? I try to keep it at 5800 or below but I know I could run it faster. Is there room to run it a little faster? I just am trying to stay away from damaging anything.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I run the Reliance 18p prop because I wanted a quicker holeshot and the SDS hub… holeshot is more important to me than an extra 1-2 mph

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Eric, since the max recommended rpm is at 6000 for the 150, what would be the max rpm you would want to run the 200 hpdi? I try to keep it at 5800 or below but I know I could run it faster. Is there room to run it a little faster? I just am trying to stay away from damaging anything.

The 200 should run right around 6k also. There is a rev limiter on that motor at 6250. You will not hurt that motor if you run it at 6k.

Zach H

Perfect! Sounds good, thanks!

pale ryder
    NULL

Thanks for the help !
    I’ll check my idle RPMs next time I get on the water.

Has anyone tried a 4 blade on a F150 on a MX1825 ?

Jason Hayunga
    NE South Dakota

Okay guys, i have been doing some research on this site, and others, but still cant seem to find an answer. I bought a mx1825 this spring, F150, 9.9 kicker, has the stock 19p reliance prop. Problem im having is it has a hard time getting on plane with 3 guys in the boat(usually one guy has to sit in the middle of the walk thru windshield before it will go). The other thing that I’m confused about is everyone keeps saying they are getting 47-48mph with a kicker on. The most that I have ever got is 43….once. Pretty disappointing. At wot I am able to run well over 6000rpms which doesn’t seem right. I usually back off and try to keep it under 6000, but I don’t think I should be able to get it that high. Any Ideas?

JoeMX1825
    MN

What size are the 3 guys? Seriously…with 3 adults and the added weight of the kicker you’re asking alot of the 150hp with a 19 pitch prop. Typically more people in the boat also means more gear in the boat… It’s surprising how it all adds up in the end, i’d say your numbers sound right.

Drop to the 18 pitch prop and add the foil to the anti-cavitation plate, it’s the best help you can do.

Jason Hayunga
    NE South Dakota

I’m 215,and I would say my two buddies put together are 400 tops. Two full tackle bags,rods,and coolers are all up front. Still don’t understand why it revs so high. I have never got it up to 45 with one tackle bag,and just my wife and I. I wouldn’t mind keeping my top end in the low 40’s if it helped my time to plane. I don’t want to go much lower than that though. Thanks for the Reply,love the boat otherwise!

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have 2012 MX with the 150 & 9.9 kicker. It is a little slow out of the hole but I consistently hit 47 mph with 2 guys, gear, and 3/4 tank of fuel at about 5900 rpm. Stock prop.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Jason, something just isn’t right. Let us know motor height holes. Tough to diagnose over the web, but you are far short of the norm. Also any chance of some unknown prop damage?

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

My buddy runs the 19p reliance prop as well on his mx1825 150 with 9.9. It is very sluggish out of the hole with a 3rd person. What I find weird is he is able to get all the rpms on the top end. Usually if you can turn full rpms you should have good hole shot. I know the 150 has never been a beast on the low end but by dropping pitch then a guy has to worry about over reving. Might want to try a completely different series of prop. Maybe a 18p Turbo 1? Prop was worked well on the WX line up.

As for speed on my buddies. If its just the 2 of us boat will always hit 50 and I’ve seen as high as 52 with a chop. 3 people and all being 225# boat ran 48-49mph.

Jason Hayunga
    NE South Dakota

It’s in the 3rd hole down, no real damage to the prop. Boat was brand new in April when I got it,and has always performed the same. I think I’m just going to take it back to the dealer next week, and see if they can hopefully figure something out.

John B

1825 w/150 4 stroke w/ 9.9 kicker, 18P Reliance I get 49.6 mph (on GPS) @ 6000 rpms with one person and full load of fuel. With 2 people loaded with fuel and gear I believe I was running high 47s. I think my engine is mounted 3rd hole down. Hole shot is ok but I do plan to add a stabilizer plate to help a bit more.

Jason Hayunga
    NE South Dakota

What do you guys think would cause it to over Rev when I trim it out? I can’t even trim it 1/4 way out without it getting over 6000. If I play with it,and let off the throttle while trimming in out to keep the rpm’s down I run into propulsion issues.

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

Its over reving because the prop is not biting the water(slip). I’m thinking your prop is out of whack if its blowing out at 1/4 trim, which they can be right from the factory.

Should see where your cavitation plate is at WOT. Should be just out of the water. Getting splashed is fine. If its too high then maybe you will want to drop your motor down a hole. Which will allow you to trim higher without blowing out and get more lift as the prop is biting more.

Jason Hayunga
    NE South Dakota

I called the dealer today, they will look at it next week sometime. Hopefully they get it figured out, I will let you guys know. What you said makes sense, I have always felt that it hasn’t gotten the lift that it should be getting. I hope its just one simple thing that fixes everything.

Jason Hayunga
    NE South Dakota

Just wanted to give an update as to what I got figured out. The tab above the prop came loose, and turned all the way to the right. Also my tach was off by almost 1000rpms. Now that they got that straightened out it gets on plane just fine, and I get 46mph with 3 guys, full tank of gas, and full livewell….night and day difference.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Just wanted to give an update as to what I got figured out. The tab above the prop came loose, and turned all the way to the right. Also my tach was off by almost 1000rpms. Now that they got that straightened out it gets on plane just fine, and I get 46mph with 3 guys, full tank of gas, and full livewell….night and day difference.

Glad to hear it, Jason. No get out there and enjoy that boat! grin

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.