MN DNR fish surveys

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You asked if much of the stocking is a waste of time and money-Yes&Yes But people demand it. To stock a lake with walleye that is full of small pike is just a waste, don’t think the very few big <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>pike or skis are the problem-its lots of little small ones.

Yes this is a big constant problem. Stocking fry in a lake that is over run with hungry small aggressive pike is wasteful. All you do is feed the beast. That’s is why there is 10 fish bag limit on pike and at least 8 of them have to be under 22 inches.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ThunderLund78 wrote:</div>
    ut you gotta learn the lake.

So right. Another lake I targeted was loaded with fish after a walleye rearing pond flooded into it. The downfall was the water clarity was 20 ft. Good luck catching them during the day!!

Just have to change the way you fish them
    I live where we have alot of clear lakes in Hubbard County and catch fish in the day light hours

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I’m always looking to learn new presentations. Care to share any Troy? I can PM you if you prefer.

Troy Hoernemann
    Nevis mn

I’m always looking to learn new presentations. Care to share any Troy? I can PM you if you prefer.

Planer boards,casting away from boat with jigs or swim baits or even anchor and cast to structure with slip bobber or jigs just mention a few

Looks like a nice fish in your picture how long was that pig

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Only 28″ but a big girth (didn’t measure girth). April 2019, pre-spawn on the Fox River pulling planer boards up on the flat from the break. Only other place I’ve ever caught pre-spawn is Rainy River. She put up a great fight.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.