Mille Lacs Roll Call

• Kyhl
    Savage

My opener plans included fishing with my dad who is 75. We decided to postpone our opener for a week.

I’ll still be up there working on the yard and stuff.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The wind and waves were coming in on me from the North. I ended up with 4 small one’s and 4 over 20″ in the 3 and a half hours I fished. This 25.5″ was the largest. Fish were caught on Rippin Raps, various jerkbaits, and a Havoc Grass Pig. I plan on hitting my spot again tonight and tomorrow.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8428.jpg

deertracker

Sounds like you were on the hot dock. Nicely done.
    DT

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

The wind and waves were coming in on me from the North. I ended up with 4 small one’s and 4 over 20″ in the 3 and a half hours I fished. This 25.5″ was the largest. Fish were caught on Rippin Raps, various jerkbaits, and a Havoc Grass Pig. I plan on hitting my spot again tonight and tomorrow.

Very well done Bass-Pastor! Nice! Who needs a boat? Guessing you were somewhere along the west side? Good luck, you keep this up and I might have my boat for sale. wink

Bass Pundit

I didn’t make it back out until after 4AM this morning. Wind was now out of the W at about 5mph therefore no wave action. Didn’t get a bite and left after 45 minutes. Now it looks like I won’t have a favorable wind for Sunday night/Monday morning. Bummer.

Bass Pundit

I did get out again after midnight Monday Morning. About an hour or two to late as the winds died down to under 5 MPH by the time I got there. There was a slight chop and small waves coming in but anywhere from 7 to 15 MPH is preferable. I misplayed a fish that broke off my jerkbait by surging hard when I wasn’t expecting it. It didn’t put up much of a fight to that point and I was moving to where I planned to land it. It’s possible it was pike or ski or that I weak spot in the line. The fish definitely caught me off guard. I wasn’t a happy camper. For 3 hours of fishing I got one 13.5″eye. Those were my only two bites.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.