Mille lacs is still on fire

• bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I was out on Monday boated 40 walleyes in 5 hours only had 10 fish under 17″ most were 20-26″ with a few bigger ones as well. Hit 3 different mudflats with rigs and leeches. One flat had all big fish smallest was 22″ but eventually we got blown off there with 20-25 mph winds so we headed a little closer to shore and worked a few more flats great results but more small fish mixed in. Fish didn’t care about speed at all at times I was drifting .7-.9 with my sock out and when I got closer to shore I worked the edges and sat on the fish with out moving and pulled one every 3-5 mins. What a fun place to be right now! Bring plenty of leeches!

Attachments:
    1. image-48.jpeg

2. image-47.jpeg

3. image-46.jpeg

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

My sister had some fun I think!

Attachments:
    1. image-50.jpeg

2. image-51.jpeg

3. image-52.jpeg

4. image-49.jpeg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Nicely done!

I was out Monday as well. Boated about 40 walleyes as well. I ended up leaving the flats because I didn’t have a drift sock so I had to find calmer water. Mostly smaller fish for me.

I caught 90% of my fish on jig and pearl paddletails or moxies. This was the first time I’ve ever caught walleyes on plastics on Mille lacs. I also caught quite a few on rippin raps.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Rippin Raps! I’ve been wanting to give them a whirl this year, how were you working them?

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

I gotta get up there.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Rippin Raps! I’ve been wanting to give them a whirl this year, how were you working them?

Same as pitching a jig. Fall to the bottom and rip it up 6-18″. Everything hits on the fall.

You can even drift and rip like vertical jigging.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I’ll be back up Sunday one last time before I leave for Canada for 10 days gotta get one more haul in up there first it’s to much fun!

lundojam

Lost track of 25″-28″ fish yesterday. Maybe a dozen-ish, with lots of 22 inchers for good measure.

Attachments:
    1. walleyesummer16.jpg

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Was up on Thursday myself bought 2 dozen jumbos and was out in 3 hours 12:30-3:30 high sun dead calm and bite was nuts everything from 13″-27″ great time. Spoke with a couple dnr members doing a hooking mortality survey. Said they use certain presentations on there test like jigging or rigging the fish are then put in a smaller netted area for 5 days and then surveyed for mortality counts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.