They are going nuts at Milford

• sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

I took my parents down to Milford over the holiday weekend fishing for white bass and wipers and had a great weekend.The hump seemed to be on again off again from Friday all the way through Monday.When it was hot it was great but when it was slow it was real slow.Lots of 13-15″ whites and some wipers to 27″ .slabs live shad and trolling clown colored cranks.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Sharkbait welcome to IDA! Thanks for the update on Milford!! I have plans to make it down there later this fall to chase some walleye. Do you fish Milford for walleye too?

Ben

sharkbait

I fish milford once a year for labor day with the parents.Used to live in Kansas and guide part time at Norton.That was the annual trip for dads birthday.Last year we ended up catching more walleye than the PWT? tournament guys did two weks later.Mainly slabs and cranks on the ledges on windy days.Hard fishing but great results.This year in the days we were there we caught almost three hundred fish.YES sure about that mom keeps track of every one in her note book .But only had three or four walleye.Moved up to Big Mac this spring and have been having a great time.Walleye have been kind of slow but usually can catch a few every trip out.

walleye4
    On the Water

Welcome to IDA sharkbait!

Used to guide on Norton huh? I used to love that lake until it got low! Now that the main tree lines are out of the water, I have a hard time finding the saugeye. Need to make it back down there sometime.

sharkbait

Norton used to be 1 of the most amazing lakes anywhere after the floods of 94-95. Huge wipers ,Tons of saugeye and crappie and so many bass that was almost a joke.There are still lots of fish but nothing like it used to be.It was overfished by tournaments and recreational anglers alike and now the cover is terrible there.I only got a couple of chances to fish it this summer and caught quite a few small wipers up to about three lbs. and some barely legal saugeye but nothing to special.Late fall we used to catch huge saugeye in the brush piles fishing with swedish pimples for crappie.Don’t know if they still do but it isn’t a half bad late fall bite in the past.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.